anyone else laugh during the show?

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Me and my fishing buddy watched the sheriffs nail about 10 people up in thr refuge this morning. As soon as they showed up boats on the opposite side started screaming for their friends to run to the other side of the island and then they took off fast. Too bad the law got their boat number before the escape. Funny how they can play the oh we didnt know game, but then run like track stars to keep from getting in trouble. Sad part about it was another group got dropped off right after the others got forced out. Maybe someone else got a nice show to watch this afternoon.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Me and my fishing buddy watched the sheriffs nail about 10 people up in thr refuge this morning. As soon as they showed up boats on the opposite side started screaming for their friends to run to the other side of the island and then they took off fast. Too bad the law got their boat number before the escape. Funny how they can play the oh we didnt know game, but then run like track stars to keep from getting in trouble. Sad part about it was another group got dropped off right after the others got forced out. Maybe someone else got a nice show to watch this afternoon.

…. POOL 4.?

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

yup, pool 4 out of everts.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

yup, pool 4 out of everts.

…Me NO speak Eug..lush. They have been fishing the last 2 weeks in the NO ZONE.!!!!!! The same group were caught twice in the NO ZONE in the same day.!! rrr

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

all the more reason to report them.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

the little island/penisula between the lock side and the dam side.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I guess I’m color blind.

I’ve called the sheriff on people fishing in the restricted zone enough times they jokingly wanted to deputize me.

Although I’ve come to realize there are some that really don’t know. Really! Even Germans, Polish, people from Iowa and Minnesota.

Now, if I can I’ll get there attention and point to the sign. If that doesn’t work I’ll call the number.

Peirce County Non Emergency 715-273-5051
    Goodhue County Non Emergency 651-385-3155

It doesn’t matter which number is called, they can talk to whom ever is on the water including the DNR.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Being color blind isn’t all bad, just don’t be blind and turn your back on the problem.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’ll drink to that! toast

Captain Mojo

I have no problem reporting fisherman that knows the law but chosen to break them no matter the color of their skin. However, there are actual honest folks who did not know due to challenges with the English language–especially newcomers. A couple of weeks ago, there were two older gentlemen that fished beyond the point. I can tell they were not English speaking folks. After a few hand-gesters and pointed them to the sign and a few “No No No”, they got the hint and came back toward the legal side. They were appreciative and offered me their refreshments and minnows to which I hand-gester thanks but no thanks. All it took was a courtesy from one fisherman to another to inform them and educate them. If they respect the law, then wish them good luck. If they tell you to go to hell, then do me and the other honest fishermen a favor by reporting them.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My limited Spanish surprised a shore fisherman on pool 2 when he attempted to put a walleye in a bucket.

He gave me a shoulder shrug when I told him he couldn’t keep that in English. He started looking at his friends when I told him the same thing in Spanish and let it go.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That’s what I’m saying although I know there are some not as comfortable as I am in talking with strangers.

Never let it get out of hand. Keep a good distance and simply explain what they’re doing that’s breaking the law.

If their voices rise, I did the best I could and now it’s time to call someone that’s paid and better prepared to explain the law to them.

Just doing what I would want someone to do to me if I was in that position. After all, we are all in this together.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.