Anybody fish with Northern Wilderness Outfitters?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I did a fly in with them last year. Good plane, it went up, it came down twice without incident. grin Water was incredibly high when we went but they did everything possible to get us out on time. Cabin was very good. We had a great time.

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Peter –

Went to their web page and checked it out. Rates seem really reasonable. I like that they put the lakes on the site. You can do some homework pre trip!

Also I like how they’ll get food for you if your traveling long distance. They probably got the food dialed in for the weight restrictions on the air craft.

Looks like a good spot! Let us know how you do!

fishinguns
    Metro D, MI

First post, but I have done 2 trips up past birch lake on Carillon Lake, which the cabin burnt down recently. My pops and his best friend hit Tesup Lake (~50 air miles from Ft. Francis, still in the Rainy Lake watershed) every year now and I am going with them this year for my bachelor party. NWO is good people and my dad and his friend rave about how well they treat them. The food package is not only convenient, but a pretty good deal too. Cabin and amenities were good. Boats ran fine. They like 14-16’ers w/6hp Yammies, so you aren’t getting anywhere fast.

I can attest that the fishing when I went twice to Carillon Lake, was fast and furious and just not may big fish – walleyes or pike. The pictures they bring home from Tesup Lake usually include walleyes and pike that spark my interest. I fish out of Port Clinton, OH on Erie, Linwood, MI on Saginaw Bay, and I live in Metro D, so I’m spoiled with the Detroit River close to home as well. I like big fish. Bring your own electronics if you want, they can make a difference. I certainly did better NOT using live bait on Carrilon Lake in the past. I’ll let yo uknow if that is the case on Tesup at the beginning of June when I get back. Dad claims he has to have live bait some days, but he did at Carillon too…

For the price, convenience, and seclusion, they are a great option.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You will love Tesup.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.