Any Tica Cetus fans?

• buddah6

Just curious, I’m a Pflueger guy myself and hear mostly Shimano Sedona talk on here. I have heard good things so I picked one up at the ice show this weekend and have to say I really like it! Anybody else running these on the ice as there main reels? Thanks

Curtis Shumaker

Yes. That is my favorite spinning reel to date. That and my Abu Garcia cardinal. Great reel, nice drag. Enjoy

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Love my Abu Garcia reels, ice and open water.

I have to keep stopping myself from putting my Revo Toro on an ice rod.

sktrwx2200

I run tica reels on all of my ice rods…. They get two thumbs way up from me on the ice.

shockers
    Rochester

A buddy of mine started using them on his trout spinning rods, and then his ice rods and swore by them so last year I picked up one for one of my ice rods and it’s now my go-to reel for ice fishing. I have Pflueger president, Shimano Sedona and the Tica Cetus. They’re all great. I like the Pflueger and Tica a bit better because of the thicker bail. I picked up another Tica at the ice how. Apparently they just came out with a “new” version of the reels with a better bail and better spool. I haven’t tested it out yet. Base models run about $40, though I snagged one on Amazon a couple weeks ago for $25 brand new, so maybe keep your eye out there.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I used them on my sons ultra lights when they were young and never had a problem with them. They cranked in a lot of crappies and gills.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.