Any Recent Reports?

• bigstorm
    Southern WI

Heading up for 4 days of fishing starting on Thursday, wondering if anyone has been out on the lake in the past week or so. I will post a report when I get back. We may also trailer the boat downriver if there is a bite going on there

Chad Thompson

Also leaving Thursday morning. Will be up there Thursday – Sunday staying at Thunderbird.

Will post if we find a good bite.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I am staying there as well, fishing out of a red Alumacraft Dominator Sport, we usually stop by the bar when we get in from the lake for a cocktail or 2

Chad Thompson

I’ll have grey / black 620. Will look for you in the bar )

Sunfish

I was up 9-15 thru 9-20 with a large group. Fished way east everyday, and caught lots of slots 19-22, but the bite would be 45-90 minutes a time and shut off for hours. Usual pattern, popping around mid lake reefs 25-35 feet. Jigging and rigging, pulled some BB when things got slow to try and trigger bites. Ultimately we were lucky to have good weather, and low winds. Overall it sounds like things continue to be very slow with lots of dinks. I hope you guys find it to be different!

bigstorm
    Southern WI

First 2 days in the books, hard fishing, guessing it is due to the weather. Thursday was wind, cold and the occasional snow shower. Ended the day with only 2 worth keeping and 20 or so shorts. Today the wind died but the bit did as well. Ended with 3 worth keeping, 1 small and 7 slots. Will update on tomorrow and Sunday’s results on monday

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Saturday and Sunday were tough fishing as well, total of 9 fish on Saturday, 2 keepers and 7 slots (biggest was 24.5″), Sunday was a bit better with 16 fish, 5 keepers (14in to 17.5in) and 8 in the slot.

Overall, it was good trip with a tough bite, no complaints. Did see snow for the first time this season on Thursday. Its nice to see higher numbers of slot fish too, fun to catch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.