Any recent activity?

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’ll probably fish monday….any luck outside of leadcore? I don’t run leadcore at all but with the water cooling a bit maybe a bite is picking up on live bait.

Don’t want any spots…..just want to know if any walleye starting to pick up. I would most likely pull live bait rigs between Hudson and afton.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

Wish I could give you great tips but I was out Saturday for about 4 hours from Hudson to Afton and caught everything BUT walleyes….crappies, bass, northern, sheeps, bluegill, cats…if I tried to drill in on some fish I couldn’t keep the sheeps off. 15 – 25 fow… I am marking a few more fish than a week or two ago.

Good luck….let me know how you do…I am planning on Wed/Thursday.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

About the same luck….no walleye but everything else. Catfish sure fight like walleyes….got me excited a few times.

Water was 70…need it to cool down a bit. Marked tons of fish and bait. Couldn’t believe the bait balls.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Last Friday got quite a few sauger just below the 94 bridge trolling lead, planers, and bottom bouncers.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Was by the bridge for a bit with a couple of other boats….only sheepies.

Apparently walleye and sauger don’t like eclipses….at least that’s my excuse.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

Has anyone tried the channel between 94 and the swing bridge, Afton or the Kinni….thought maybe the current would be the equalizer?

I tried to run Top 20’s and Reef Runners under the bait balls but probably didn’t give it enough time…some good arches down there.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I hit the channel for a bit and also tried the current by the swing bridge….didn’t really mark anything in the channel.

I pulled baits under a lot of bait balls because I was marking fish. Also got on a bunch of smallies busting shad and couldn’t get takers. Have heard from others that there can be so much bait in the system it makes it tough to get takers. Seems reasonable but who knows. Have also heard the walleye suspend over deep water in the summer so you might mark fish but they are sheepies and catfish.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m hitting P3 tonight for smallies and sheep.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

I was just back on Lake Oahe and caught every fish suspended 15-20 feet down over 30+ feet of water…Only difference was the majority of the bait was lake herring (some shad).

I am going to commit to the suspended bite s. of 94 on Thursday….hope to have something to show!

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

triton186 let us know if you have any luck. I’ve given this pattern a small effort in the past without anything to show, however, I’m thinking its a good opportunity to put some quality fish in the boat.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

You might want to try north of the swing bridge….that basin might be easier to search. The big basin south of the 94 bridge is a lot of water and really deep. Just a thought but good luck and let us know how it goes. I bet if you find them they will be nice fish.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

P3 was really slow last night. Recent rains had the water up and muddy. Go to spots were even dead. Caught 4 bass 1 sheep and 1 cat all pitching jigs. All fish but 2 of the bass were quality sized fish. I may try to hit the lower Croix next week to see if there is any silver activity like the old days and maybe troll up some eyes/saug.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

Only got a few hours in last night…no walleyes only 4 crappies. Will fight the rain tomorrow.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I was out for a couple hours this morning. Surface temp was 63. Pulled shad raps in 16 fow. Caught a few short walleye. Running a modified leadcore rig. Size #7 raps. Chartreuse and white. Bigger is better this time of the year in my limited walleye fishing experience. Fun catching but no keepers

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Earlier this week we brought home a couple sauger couple eyes with smaller the better baits. #5 flicker and the smaller smash. Goldie hawn colored.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

Saturday AM was slow but steady…a few short walleye and some decent saugers. Don’t know why they ate because they were FULL of bait. Some nice smallies and white bass to keep it fun. Trolled lead…pearl glass shad raps and #7 Pearl Flicker Shads won out. 20 FOW was best, if I missed and hit shallower I would find the smallmouth.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

Earlier this week we brought home a couple sauger couple eyes with smaller the better baits. #5 flicker and the smaller smash. Goldie hawn colored.

Not familiar with the Goldie Hawn color…is that a FF color?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.