any place to launch??

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Haven’t gone down to check out the Hudson launches or any other yet so figured I’d throw a question out here on IDO. Any launches open on the Croix?? Would love to get out there for a bit, although with the river still so high, not sure where to even try for some walters…

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Bayport and Beanies are open. Hudson isn’t yet. I’ve launched from North Hudson since opener. Cove south of town is also open.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Bayport and Beanies are open. Hudson isn’t yet. I’ve launched from North Hudson since opener. Cove south of town is also open.

The Cove is closed now, we don’t want your kind down here….you fisherman with your smelly boats and all.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bzzsaw wrote:</div>

The Cove is closed now, we don’t want your kind down here….you fisherman with your smelly boats and all.

Is it actually closed or are you just being a Richard? Or sarcastic? Or both? The internet is hard.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bzzsaw wrote:</div>

Says the cake eater that lives in the Cove. -) I need to get your number Mike for when there aren’t any parking spots left there.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Says the cake eater that lives in the Cove. -) I need to get your number Mike for when there aren’t any parking spots left there.

Funny story, while Hudson was under construction last year we saw a little more usage down here. A couple times 3 at most there were a couple rigs parked near my house during a tournament…..of course the neighbors complained and they extended the no parking way past my house. I called the village president and had a chat about it since sometimes I park there with my big trailers……he said it wasn’t meant for the residents and if I had any issues or got tickets to let them know and they would cancel them…..so now I have reserved parking in front on my house…..lol. Kirk if you ever want to come down this way let me know and I’ll give the procedure that makes it easy to get in and out here and avoid a ticket.

The Cove basically never closes but they may not have the dock out during high water, and when the river is at normal to low levels the launch is a bit shallow for the big boats…..I can’t afford one of those big boats so I don’t have an issue.

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

Boom site and Prescott is where I’ve heard from friends. Walleyes and saugers has been a hot bite!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been north of those spots at Osceola and Franconia. Both launches are good to go.

NofHwy8
    baldwin, WI

anyone know if the lift bridge is operational? and if not how much room between the water and the bridge? can you get under it?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

anyone know if the lift bridge is operational? and if not how much room between the water and the bridge? can you get under it?

I haven’t been up there recently but was told that when the water is high they leave the lift bridge open.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

It’s finally open. Nicest ramp on the Croix.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0472-scaled.jpeg

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

It’s finally open. Nicest ramp on the Croix.

Hudson Launch is open?? )

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Yes, Hudson Launch is open.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Pretty sure you can pay with a credit now for the Hudson Launch also, at least that is what I was told by the parking enforcement gal from Hudson on Friday. So no more little paper envelopes.

Paulski

Ron F
    Rochester MN

Does anyone know if the St Croix Bluffs Park ramp is open? Thanks.

walleyewizard

Does anyone know if the St Croix Bluffs Park ramp is open? Thanks.

Called them today and, yes it is open. Will try it tomorrow and give a report.

N2i0c0k8

Anything to report back? I’m heading down to St Croix Bluffs tonight and wondering how the newly renovated ramp is? Also it looks like no wake should be lifted given the current gauge reading at Stillwater. Would be nice to get on plane tonight.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Anything to report back? I’m heading down to St Croix Bluffs tonight and wondering how the newly renovated ramp is? Also it looks like no wake should be lifted given the current gauge reading at Stillwater. Would be nice to get on plane tonight.

Guessing no wake will go into effect again on Thursday. -( It is projected to go up 2.5 ft by next Tuesday.

N2i0c0k8

Beautiful night last nigh. Water temps anywhere from 62-66 degrees. I found most fish were in 5 – 16 fow. Throwing pretty much anything at a wind blown shoreline and working it back to the boat produced. Flicker Shads, jerk bait, snap jigging plastics, blade bait all put a walleye in the boat. Back down there tonight for league night.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.