Any hand auger guys?

• Ripjiggen

I use a Nills 5 inch for early season. It’s a pleasure to carry and lightning fast. I know if I put a drill on it I could be a faster driller, but I bet I’m quicker to drill, move, and toss down in the slush than a power drill that can’t touch water. The benefit is I don’t have to carry batteries and backups/ worry about stuff breaking. That is what my Ford is for..

Buy a good drill and you don’t have to worry about any of that…I’ll take that bet…just sayin…

MX1825

I fish the bwca off and on all year long which is hand auger only. It sure makes you appreciate any motor driven auger. Also makes a person realize how many holes they can drill to cover an area with a motor driven auger.

Makes me think about when they were first brought into use how people must have thought “what a game changer”. Because, really, they are.

Beardly you can’t use electric/battery in the BWCA? Gas I understand for pollution issues.

tswoboda

Beardly you can’t use electric/battery in the BWCA? Gas I understand for pollution issues.

Don’t see many Minn Kota’s on canoes in the BWCA do you?

Steve Johnson

My buddy uses a Nils 6 inch all season. I think most people would do fine if they had the Nils professionally sharpened every year. Those things cut a hole with less effort than anything else I have found. I am faster with my 6 inch pistol bit and Octane drill, but he ends up with the same size hole and gets warmed up to boot!

Timmy

If a trip goes south due to a broken auger, and I am unable to get someone with a good one to help, I simply won’t fish…lol.

Too lazy now and work with enough stress that my weekend fishing trips are for relaxing, not working hard. I am not hand drilling holes, or fishing outside, as I am not mad enough at any fish to suffer for them….lol.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.