Any demand for Humminbird open water transducer?

• Adam Steffes

I have a new in box transducer that humminbird sent me for troubleshooting a head unit issue that ultimately ended up in a warranty return. Long story short I have a mega SI transducer that will likely never be needed. I assume the need for one as a stand alone unit is fairly rare, so its probably not worth making a specific ad for it?

mike mulhern

Some people will make them into a portable for the Canada drag in fishing. There will be some one who is interested. Like Randy asked for what model? I have a couple of portables set up on 14ft boats for river fishing.

Mike

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Also some people will want one on each side of the transom to get around the lower unit. You would just need to add a splitter cable that just takes info from one side on each transducer.

Adam Steffes

Per the package it is XM 9 20 MSI T transducer. I have included a picture. Not sure if what they sent is anything other than the full kit they would normally sell? I opened the box to see if it was just the transducer but it seems like its all there.

Attachments:
    1. C4E6BED5-E7FF-46A3-9700-BC1C15210B71.jpeg

2. 78F38205-C05A-48CD-9039-11BCC7C61C25.jpeg

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I’ve sold an older transducer kit before on ebay. HB site says its for:

HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, HELIX 10 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, HELIX 9 CHIRP SI GPS G2N,

blank

Humminbird sent a brand new transducer just to troubleshoot a problem?! That’s an expensive part.

Adam Steffes

Humminbird sent a brand new transducer just to troubleshoot a problem?! That’s an expensive part.

I had already done a paid repair for a helix screen issue and when the unit got back to me it wouldn’t work…so they sent all sorts of stuff to try to get it working…It ultimately went back to the mother ship and they didn’t want their parts back. I don’t have a need for it. Its been sitting in my office for 6 months so figured I would see if I could sell it. Not a huge fan of ebay for all the scammers though. Maybe they have that figured out now but 10 years ago it was amateur scammer hour over there. If anybody has a need for one of these on the cheap, I would ship it. What’s the “buddy” price on one of these kits since I got it for nothing? **edited to add I didn’t get it for nothing…I did waste four hours of my life on trying everything under the sun to prove it was a head unit problem, including using other headunits to prove my boat hardware/wiring was working…then spent 2 months without a $1500 graph in the middle of prime fishing season as it made two trips to the mothership…***

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Adam, I sent you a PM.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My advice is always to use two transducers for SI.
    I advise you keep it and mount it.

Adam Steffes

My advice is always to use two transducers for SI.
    I advise you keep it and mount it.

This is interesting…I have a garmin side imaging transducer on one side and the original humminbird on the other side. Would you think its possible to put the other transducer on the same side as the garmin without causing trouble?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.