Any bird feeders?

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ibis Roosting. That branch is a favorite for many birds to perch on. I need to use a tripod from now on to get a better shot.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0212.jpg

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My feeders are finally getting hit for the first time since January when I put then out. Spring time! )

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I had a flock of fox sparrows rooting through things this morning. Also had song sparrows and tree sparrows and a robin in addition to the standard visitors.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Pug…it looks like a fence with a bird on it. That help? lol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hmm. Could be a gate?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pileated woodpecker thought about making a nest behind our fence. Eventually he moved on.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0280.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0302.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I love those big guys. Each year in the deer stand I see a couple I think return to the same area year after year. The orange doesn’t seem to bother them as long as I stay still. They actually like the tree the stand is in and I can get pretty close peeks at them.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We’ve got a pair of mallards frequenting our yard now that have been putting down the corn like it’s going out of style!

Attachments:
    1. 20160402194746.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

And it’ll get more in style if you keep it up. lol

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Gotta fatten them up, Tom. blush

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I knew it! Duck Le’ronge on the menu eh?

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Gotta fatten them up, Tom. blush

Young, stupid ducks were the ones we always hoped for sitting in the blind…keep training them Ralph!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

We’re getting rain, sleet, snow, wind, and anything else nature can conjure up so I decided to spread the insecticide on the yard to help in keeping moles out. I heard two different orioles speaking while I was getting the work done. I guess its time for oranges and grape jelly even if the calendar says we’re about two weeks early. Love the orioles.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I finally seen a male and female bluebird………but we are so much closer to the north pole then you guys. morning doves showed up 2 weeks ago!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve been seeing the bluebirds for a couple weeks now in the country. Robin and doves never left last fall.

You need to move closer to the real world Glenn. Cold Spring? Ain’t that some cheap beer brewery? You should maybe buy a house with all those union bucks, ya think? lol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I love orioles too. Strong vocals like a caroline wren. Strangely, I haven’t seen one. Must hang out at the orchards.

Glenn, it’s “mourning” dove. Sorry, it’s a bird leave of mine.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’ve been seeing the bluebirds for a couple weeks now in the country. Robin and doves never left last fall.

You need to move closer to the real world Glenn. Cold Spring? Ain’t that some cheap beer brewery? You should maybe buy a house with all those union bucks, ya think? lol

yep real cheap brewery beer. I think they ship most of it to red wing and Rochester!!! whistling I gotz a house, well me and da bank. my real world would be further north!!!!

sorry pug!!!!!! bow blush grin

Mitch Harmston
    Menomonie WI

Just saw a hummingbird fly to my empty hummingbird feeder this morning, only to be disappointed! Seems this is the earliest I have seen a hummingbird for a while

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I hear ya on “further north”.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Where, Mitch? Seems way early for hummers!

Sharon
    SE Metro

I saw a Dark Eyed Junco in my yard this morning… coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom Sawvell wrote:</div>

yep real cheap brewery beer. I think they ship most of it to red wing and Rochester!!! whistling I gotz a house, well me and da bank. my real world would be further north!!!!

sorry pug!!!!!! bow blush grin

Can you send me some Glueks?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Not sure they make it anymore. Not that I look for it. They got all kinds of funky flavored brews now.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

They got all kinds of funky flavored brews now.

What? Are you moonlighting as the brewmaster and recipe writer?

We have tons of the Slate Gray juncos here. There may be a Dark Eyed tossed in but I haven’t really noticed. The Chickadees are in a couple of our birdhouses now. The houses are hung in Lilac bushes and for some reason the Chickdees just love them.

We finally chopped out our American Bittersweet vine. We planted it to grow on our bird house tree but the stuff over took it. As runners from the vine came up around the base of the vine we’d dig them and planted them at the bottom of our old oak tree. Now the runners have taken root well enough to have grown about thirty feet up the oak and it can run wild there. The sparrows are super pissed about not having the big bush anymore, but hey, they’re sparrows and the people up the street can humor them for a few years now. lol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Nope. Just stick to my union thuggery!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I couldn’t remember if it was the Brewery or Restaurant that closed. Glueks was the best “cheap” domestic beer out there…but I digress.

Down here the Chickadees hang out with the Tufted Titmice. The Titmice may be the most common feeder visitor down here.

I can probably count on my hand the number of house sparrows. Very weird, since they were so common up there. It’s also pretty strange not seeing Canadian Geese. I guess the Ibis are the Canadian Geese of the south. They are always digging around in the ground wherever there is some grass.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Down by coville park. Not much for eagles but the sky rats are thick.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Speaking of eagles, this one stopped to say hi from a neighbor’s tree. As in right next door. It had a fish that looked like a sucker when it landed but by the time I got the camera and back outside for the picture the fish was gone. And you’ll notice this eagles bad choice of company.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1341.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.