Another Spill

• pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Well that sucks. . .

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think some have gone unreported over the years. I remember more than one occasion running into strong fuel odors on the river.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

So if fuel was going to spill in the river, what’s better, diesel, regular, premium, or premium non oxy?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Non oxy, the ethanol would clog up the river.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I think some have gone unreported over the years. I remember more than one occasion running into strong fuel odors on the river.

been down to lions more than once during a clean up. cant remember any making the news.

Grizper

just drove down to the 494 launch, was planning on catfishing tonight. Saw all the cleanup trucks and the ramp over the levee was blockaded. Anyone have any info on when they plan on opening it back up or how far south they closed the launches?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Article in the paper this morning said they’re cleaning it up all the way down past Grey Cloud, and they don’t know how long it will take.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Article in the paper this morning said they’re cleaning it up all the way down past Grey Cloud, and they don’t know how long it will take.

…or how long they want to continue the “cleanup” show despite knowing a large portion of the damage is irreversible

The tactics used do catch some of the spill, but anything that makes it in shallow is there to stay.

404 ERROR
    MN

At least we aren’t at the Niger Delta levels yet…

Attachments:
    1. Niger-Delta.jpg

buschman
    Pool 2

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

been down to lions more than once during a clean up. cant remember any making the news.

I have see the same thing as Mike. They have had a few spills at the refinery dock in St Paul Park. I called fox news myself the last time I seen this. No one ever said a word. This is pretty common I think at the loading/unloading docks. They do get fined.. A whopping 5000.00 is what I was told this last time they had a spill. It was bad enough that boats coming out of the levee launch had it all over the hull when the boat hit the trailer.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I called fox news
    [/quote]

THIS JUST IN, OBAMA CAUGHT PERSONALLY DUMPING FUEL INTO THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER.

Unless you mean the local fox affiliate, in which case my joke does not apply.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I called fox news

THIS JUST IN, OBAMA CAUGHT PERSONALLY DUMPING FUEL INTO THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER.
    [/quote]

rotflol

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Assuming barge traffic is still closed? I haven’t seen any on upper p2 since the spill. I figured the spill would push some anglers upstream but I haven’t seen any increase in boat traffic at all. I tend to see the same handful of trailers in the parking lot every time I’m at HF.

munchy
    NULL

I called fox news

THIS JUST IN, OBAMA CAUGHT PERSONALLY DUMPING FUEL INTO THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
    [/quote]

AND TRUMP SEEN CLEANING IT UP. devil

CBMN
    North Metro

I didn’t see much of any signs of the spill cleanup yesterday P2F. Plenty of boats and even a few barges moving around down South.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I didn’t see much of any signs of the spill cleanup yesterday P2F. Plenty of boats and even a few barges moving around down South.

Good to know, thanks CBMN.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.