Another school bus thread

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Below the fold on the front page of the Mpls paper is a school bus story. Seems that a scumbag has a more important life than say the kid riding or the school bus driver. The scumbag actually fired a gun at the bus driver in a act of road rage on I-35W yesterday. The bus driver was shot but not fatally.

What the he77 is wrong with people? Lock this dope up for a long time.

blank

And the dope is being held at the jail for just suspicion of second degree assault. How is that not attempted murder?

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

He pointed a gun at someone, and pulled the trigger. Isn’t that attempted murder?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Get a rope.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Apparently it was a minor fender bender as well. Traffic was barely moving. I’m hoping this guy wasn’t legally carrying, or owning. More fuel for the anti’s.

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

He will likely face more serious charges at a later date. When someone is arrested they have to be either charged with a crime or released. More serious crimes require a grand jury indictment which takes several days to convene. Prosecutors will often use a lessor charge so they can hold someone in jail while they prepare the more serious charges.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Get a rope.

Maybe we need more pro-active penalties for shooting someone….like use the gun they used and shoot them. Think maybe people would give some thought to shooting if that were the end result for them if they’re found guilty?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Goosfraba

TipUpFishOn

Irony is he supposedly works as a security guard…..

tangler
    Inactive

Dude makes me look like the patron saint of school bus drivers.

Road rage is ridiculous. Just take a breather man.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I drove right by it just after the shooting…well, I inched forward about .0000036474875 miles per hour afterwards. Had know idea what was going on but they had police tape around it so something was up.

What a complete idiot. Police should have just “handled” it on-scene…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Side note. I was at a T intersection and stopped for a bus to my left. After he let the kids on he waved me through to make a left turn with cars behind him. All I could think while doing it is this is a bad move.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Was there kids on this bus. Its messed up either way but if the kids were on the bus it’s even worse and he should be held accountable for endangerment of every single kid on the bus

tangler
    Inactive

Was there kids on this bus. Its messed up either way but if the kids were on the bus it’s even worse and he should be held accountable for endangerment of every single kid on the bus [/quote

Just 1 but 1 too many. Couldn’t imagine being that kid’s parent last night.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There was one kid on the bus. But that life is as important as if the bus was full.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

There was one kid on the bus. But that life is as important as if the bus was full.

That guy should rot right in hell. Hope they throw the books at him. Sit in a cage and rot the rest of his worthless life.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I also hope he rots in jail. But I keep thinking there must be more to this story. Did they know each other? Gang bangers? How could anyone be so stupid?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

In the newspaper article they gave his name and occupation. But I saw no reason to use either as he doesn’t deserve 15 seconds of fame.

Same as the POS in the Jayme Closs case. Catch ’em, try ’em, convict ’em. I never wannna hear his name or see his face.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 31-year-old man has been charged in connection to a shooting Tuesday that left a school bus driver injured on Interstate 35W near downtown Minneapolis.

Kenneth Lilly, of St. Paul, faces one count of second-degree attempted murder and one count of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon, according to court documents filed in Hennepin County. Lilly is expected to make his first court appearance Friday.

Lilly is an armed guard with State-Wide Protective Agency. He was not on duty at the time of the shooting.

Troy Nadeau, the company’s president, said Lilly is currently on suspension. Nadeau added that the Lilly has a clean file with the company and has never been a problem.

Police say the shooting happened Tuesday afternoon following a fender-bender on the interchange of I-35W and I-94 near Chicago Avenue. Witnesses say that after both vehicles pulled off to the shoulder, Lilly got out of his car and began firing several rounds at the small school bus.

One of the rounds hit the bus driver in the head. A student seated in the back of the bus was unharmed.

Police called the incident especially reckless.

“The fact that someone is shooting into a school bus, the fact that you’re on a freeway where you have vehicles that are literally stranded because of the weather. You don’t have a clear back drop for any of these rounds. This is mind numbing,” Minneapolis Police Spokesperson John Elder said.

The bus driver was taken to Hennepin Health where he underwent surgery. Police said he suffered non-life threatening injuries and was able to talk with officers.

According to online criminal records, Lilly has only a parking ticket and traffic ticket.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.