Another Big Storm Coming In

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hope everyone stays safe. Sounding like it’s going to be another bad one tonight.

TH

Yeah this is getting old. It’s so wet, the mosquitoes are unbearable.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mosquito’s are wearing life jackets up here.

Got dark, thunder rolling, starting to sprinkle. International Falls is getting ready to get whacked again. frown

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks cooler and drier for a few days after this.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Well shouldn’t be worried about a drought now!!👍

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Watched it cross a field in what felt like just a few seconds. Pretty intense for a minute here in ML. Got everyone down in the basement then came back up to watch what looked like a Nascar race through town.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Watched it cross a field in what felt like just a few seconds. Pretty intense for a minute here in ML. Got everyone down in the basement then came back up to watch what looked like a Nascar race through town.

News said it is moving at 70 mph!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The kid and I are out watching it in north branch. I love big storms. But hope damage is minimal

dbright
    Cambridge

One tree down for us and hail once again. It is the 6th time we have had hail in the last few weeks. This time was a little bigger. Sounds like there are alot of neighbors that have trees down or power out west of Cambridge.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Was at the Bourbon Room in Crosslake. Dang! It hit like a hurricane. Prolly 50 trees down from there to Roosie.
    It was white knuckles driving. Power out for the last hour.

deertracker

Multiple house demolished south of Alexandria.
    DT

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Pequot was a mess, too. Got in 18 with a half hour to spare. Caught a 20 in bass after the storm. No drought here.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Was at the Bourbon Room in Crosslake. Dang! It hit like a hurricane. Prolly 50 trees down from there to Roosie.
    It was white knuckles driving. Power out for the last hour.

EPG! My buddy and I go there every I go up there to visit him! There and the Old Mill!

Dave maze
    Isanti

Broke one weak tree in the yard. Power is out for the 4th time this year. Good times tongue

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Lots of rain in the White Bear Lake area but not much other than that.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I had the choice to fish Reno this afternoon or go run errands. Actually made the right call this time. Reno got whacked. AFD posting up all the roads east of there.

Rick Z
    Stark MN

Three tree down and it lifted 5 aluminum dock panels off. I guess they are in the lake somewhere for me to try and find today.

Charles

Well our neighbor in crosslake is bad, they had FD come and cut it open. Trees are scatted and lines are almost all down. Going to be fun Grrr.. Neighbor behind me lost 3 cars when a tree came down.

Eelpoutguy should called me, I am only 5 min away from the bourbon room.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yeah this is getting old. It’s so wet, the mosquitoes are unbearable.

This is so true! I’ve never experianced Mosquitoes this bad before up north, as soon as you stepped outside you were swarmed!

stout93
    Becker MN

Getting pretty f*cking sick of the wind too…

Charles

Still no eta on power in my neighbor in Crosslake. Trees are everywhere a ton of trees landed on houses and power lines are covered in trees. It’s a mess up on the point.

I am glad we have started clearing are yard before this happen or we would have a few trees on our house.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Back to cool and wet starting on the weekend, of course…At lease the cooler weather storms probably wont be severe.

CaptainMusky

Getting pretty f*cking sick of the wind too…

It just cannot get over how its ALWAYS windy! Every dang day it seems. Ridiculous.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

We will take a wind, anything except a North wind works here. We need to push the water away and dry out the land.

tornadochaser

Speaking of storms…
    Anybody want to buy our slightly used pontoon?

Attachments:
    1. 32078.jpeg

CaptainMusky

That really sucks man! I heard the area around Battle Lake and Alex got hammered. I saw docks torn apart on Mille Lacs and that was just from regular wind, not a storm. This weather has been wild.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I saw docks torn apart on Mille Lacs and that was just from regular wind, not a storm.

Docks getting ripped up on Mille Lacs isn’t anything new. A lot of people avoid having docks out there especially if they are on the main lake.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Do people leave boats on lifts when they no huge storms are coming ? Just hoping for the best ? Or knowing insurance will cover it.

stout93
    Becker MN

Do people leave boats on lifts when they no huge storms are coming ? Just hoping for the best ? Or knowing insurance will cover it.

Guessing some have no other place to put it. Many people with pontoons (with cabins/houses on the lake) don’t have trailers, they either rent a trailer or have the place they store it drop it in for them. Probably a bit of short notice and a PITA to have them come and get it out of the water every time a storm comes up. Dock space is at a minimum for some also.

tornadochaser

Grew up spending summers at West Battle, and have been on Minnewaska for 11 years. I’ve never heard anybody say they were pulling their boat off a lift before a forecast storm. Our pontoon was on sea legs, and the reason it caught air and rolled was due to peak to trough wave heights allowed wind to get under it I think. High water allowed the waves to come in a lot taller. Normally wave height is minimized by how shallow it is, the waves literally bottom out during a storm. But it’s currently over 3 feet deep 6 feet off our shoreline right now and the waves were breaking up over our rock rip rap. Same thing happened along the south shoreline 11 years ago on Minnewaska; combination of high water and high wind created havoc for a few miles of shoreline.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.