Annoying Gulp jars how to seal them?

• mrpike1973

Use the Gulp minnow the little ones in the small jars no matter how hard I try to tighten them they leak. Have put them in a plastic bag and still leaked out any idea? Tried a small plastic food storage container but one bump and out it goes. Thanks

Baitwaster
    South metro

Save and wash a small self-sealing jar from something from the grocery store? It’s glass, but it should seal, and you won’t break the steel lid.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Never had a gulp jar leak. Overtightening is most likely the issue. Put them in a small Mason jar now.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m with Mrpike on those jars. They all seem to leak over time. Looking forward to hearing if anyone has a good solution.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

what about baby food jars?????????/

TH

Urine specimen containers. They have zero tolerance for leaks!

Just looked, you can buy them on amazon.

Kashi Scientific Sterile Specimen Cup w/Lid [4oz, 5 Count] Urine Collection Container with Secure Seal Individually Wrapped for Urine or Semen Collection, Disposable Pee Cup w/Safety Label https://a.co/d/bnDAtaY

tim hurley

They leak, stuff dries out, you buy more! Paranoid? Probably.
    Save small glass jars and use those-Berkly plastic stuff is no good.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m with Mrpike on those jars. They all seem to leak over time. Looking forward to hearing if anyone has a good solution.

Yup, the small Mason jar. Lasts forever and is cheap and easy to get. 2 gulp jars will fit in 1 Mason jar.

Karry Kyllo

The Plano Liqua-Bait Locker Bottles have worked well for me.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

And that’s why I quit buying gulp. Or rather quit saving them. Always leaked on me too. So annoying, yeah.

Jimmy Jones

Go to a parts shop and buy a sheet of thin rubberized gasket material and cut a circle to fit inside each jar. End of issue.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The Plano box works…then I double plastic bag them just in case. Nasty stuff but there are times it works great.

milemark_714

The deep series Plano 3700 hold those gulp jars perfect.I pull back the foil seal halfway,and pull out whatever I need with a tweezers.No more fingers full of gulp juice.Very little leaking by leaving original seal on jar.For ice fishing,I put them in the whizz sample jars.The pink lid ones that Mayo has also fit into the Plano deep box.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I cut the center out of the seal, leaving the edges on and it helps…. Better than ripping it all of anyway.

I store gulp minnow jars in another plastic container just to help keep them upright as well.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

transfer to a better sealing wide-mouth food container.
    use a curved forceps to handle them.
    fish happy!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I put all my gulp panfish plastics in one of those bigger gulp, flatish looking containers (the type that bigger minnows and crawlers come in)… even let non gulp soak in there too…. doesn’t roll around and hold all the panfish plastics that I need in one place.

Driftless Bowhunter
    Stoughton, WI

Amazon has them also, I would assume in different sizes. here is just an example.

Driftless Bowhunter
    Stoughton, WI

Looks like that last link didn’t work. I guess just search for Nalgene bottles on Amazon. Believe me….they work!

robby
    Quad Cities

Piece of saran wrap, or even a plastic sandwich bag pulled tight over open jar, then screw the lid on.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.