An American Hero Has Died

• Dan
    Southeast MN

There’s a lot of attention given when people like Tom Petty, Prince, etc. die, but unfortunately the people that are still in harm’s way don’t receive the respect and attention they deserve.

On Sunday U.S. Army Spc. Alexander Missildine of the 10th Mountain Division was killed when an IED was detonated near his vehicle in Iraq.

I know we’re not at the peak volume we were once at with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we need to keep making sure that the men and women that are still in these enemy-controlled areas are remembered, respected, and appreciated.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

RIP Brother.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Thank you for giving everything. RIP.

CaptainMusky

Thanks for mentioning this! RIP and thank you for your service sir.
    Sure don’t hear about the fallen anymore. I guess it doesn’t meet the “new media” rhetoric anymore.

big_g
    Isle, MN

RIP

marvins
    Kansas

X 4 Most people don’t even realize there’s still a war going on. We have people deploying just as much now as we did in the years past.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

RIP.

Modern warfare seems to drag on with no end in sight, while modern humans have ever shorter attention spans. The media are an easy target but they pretty much churn out the content that all of their data and algorithms tell them will garner the most attention. a report about the death of a famous musician is shocking. The death of a soldier, sadly not so much. Both lives equally precious but the media is going to follow the money.

munchy
    NULL

Rest In Peace Soldier

And Dan, my condolences if he was someone you knew.

Dan
    Southeast MN

No one I knew, but I personally feel that when something like this happens every one of us Americans should know his or her name. Hopefully he’s in a better place now, but for his loved ones I think it may be supportive to them to know that any of us Americans knew their sons’ name and what he sacrificed.

Back when Superstar Mike Morris was on the KFAN morning show he ended the show every day with his “Superstar of the Day” and would read the name of a servicemember who lost their life in the line of duty, and I just think a little more of that would go a long way. Nothing we do can match what they’ve given up, but it’s important to honor them.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Great post, Dan. Condolences to this brave soldier and their family.

God be with all the vets who fall to their demons every single day.

War is hell.

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

Great Post !!!!

RIP brother !

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

“although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrances be as lasting as the land they honored” Daniel Webster
    My condolences to all the brave fallen soldiers and their families.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

What a great thread! Thank you for bringing this to light. My condolences go to the family of the soldier and to him, the fallen, thank you for your courage and sacrifice.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

RIP soldier. My condolences to his friends and family.

Iowaboy1

only two entities have given their life for yours,Jesus Christ and the American soldier,RIP,prayers for the families of all who have paid the price.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Bowing my head in thanks. A true hero giving his all. And again thanks

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.