Aluminum ice fishing sled.

• mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

With the warm weather we are having, Im glad I built this Aluminum sled last year. I have a feeling we will have some thin ice for a while.
    All aluminum, the floor is a 1/4″ plastic I found at Menards. The skis have the Otter Hyfax attached to them. Very light and very easy to pull. Hope this sparks some creativity for some others this season.

Attachments:
    1. sled4.jpg

2. sled1.jpg

3. sled7.jpg

4. sled5.jpg

wiel0059

Thanks for sharing! Love it!

castle-rock-clown

Put some flotation pontoons on it. With the impending el nino…since your talking thin ice…

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Very cool!

Does Menards still have that plastic? Was that in building materials or some other department?

sidescan

Very nice work, looks great, sled for early season for me as well. I made my Smitty a couple of season’s ago from pipe, works good but nothing like yours for engineering and looks. I filled the tubes with expanding foam and covered the bottom with 3 inches of styro for floatation and pool testing showed it floats well which may help in a bad situation but I am not willing to test real time LOL. Again real nice job on the sled. Fish safe

Attachments:
    1. ice-fish-2014-006.jpg

2. Ice-sled-013.jpg

mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

The floor material I found in the building material section at Menards. It was a 4’x8′ piece of plastic.
    Mine would sink right to the bottom! I like seeing other peoples sleds.

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Mitch – about how much did your sled set ya back?

mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

$120.00
    +the Hyfax

If I were to build a bunch I bet it would be closer to $70. Had waste on materials that I will use for other projects but made this more expensive. Worth it and is way easier to pull than an Otter sled in snow.

Steve Goethe

Mich, could you call me at 920-606-3510 about that fishing sled?
    Thank you,

Steve

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Steve, this thread is 5 years old and Mitch hasn’t been active in well over a year so I don’t think he’ll be calling you anytime soon. Best of luck with your sled.

Steve Goethe

Ok moustachesteve thanks for letting me know. I’m new here. Would have loved to learn about that sled. I’d pay dearly
    for the same thing.

Sylvanboat

This is the kind of ingenuity that made this country great. MAGA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.