Alumacraft T Pro Sport 195 – Which Motor?

• timjamison11

Hello everyone. I have the boat that I plan to order all spec’d out… except the most important thing…the motor. I need to make a decision on this so I can get it ordered. I want to get into the order que before the boat shows. I’m sure my sales guy would appreciate it to. (Sorry Mike). The T Pro has a rating of 200hp.

I have narrowed it down to either a Suzuki 200hp or the Yamaha 175 VMax SHO. The cost of the 2 motors is about the same. I don’t know a lot about the Suzukis as far as reliability or performance. I have done some research and they seem to hold up rather well. Still don’t know about the overall performance vs the SHO.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TJ

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I ran a 200 HP Suzuki, very, very happy with that motor. My Yamaha’s have also been flawless.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Both are great options. I’ve never owned a Suzuki, but have ridden in 2 boats that have had them. Today’s brand new outboards are lightyears ahead of those from 15+ years ago. I’d honestly trust any major brand if going new.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Look into your dealer network for each motor. It would be nice to have them close to home or where you fish most often. If you have an issue or need maintenance it would save some time and headache. Otherwise I’ve heard nothing but good things about both motors.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Being that you have it narrowed down to 2 I would suggest the tiebreaker be parts availability via dealer locations. In other words, who has more locations to get something serviced or parts even when you are at alternate locations on trips.

David Blais

Yamaha all the way! I had Lacannes rig my 205 with a 250sho. I’m itching for open water

timjamison11

I ordered it today and went with the 175 Yamaha VMAX SHO.

Just FYI – LaCannes Marine made my buying experience awesome. Mike J. is highly recommended as a sales guy. Putting up with me for the last 3 months scrutinizing every detail could quite possible qualify him for sainthood. If you read this… thanks Mike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.