Alumacraft Competitor 205 Tiller Rigging Tips?

• Dave Mulder

60 amp resettable

Attachments:
    1. 5A0BA1C5-5670-46F1-99B1-6FC6E37FC542.jpeg

engsearch

My boat came pre-rigged with the 3-prong round but still needs a bit of a twist to completely engage. Male end was included.
    Not sure of the guage of wire but will attach some pics
    All breakers were in place and located near the batteries in the storage area below the rod locker
    Just recently I modified my battery set up and was able to turn a blue top Optima starting battery sideways and push all the way to the back of the compartment. This allowed me to get a group 31 with 210 min reserve capacity to run all accesories-pumps & 3 Helix 9’s I am running genious single chargers for the 2 house baterries (AGM and Wet like to be charged at different rates) And also have a 3 bank Genious charger for trolling batteries

In the photo showing your TM batteries, did you have to remove the battery charger to gain access to the batteries, or was this photo taken before the charger was installed? Or maybe I’m just confused about which side of the photo is toward the bow.
    You mentioned 2 house batteries. Did you mean that you’ve actually been able to fit 3 batteries (1 starting, 2 house) in the battery compartment at the stern? Or did you find a way to get more than 3 batteries in the bow compartment (with the TM batteries)?
    I’ve ordered a Noco Gen3 charger for the TM batteries, because I like the way you set yours up.
    Thanks for this information. Getting info from the mfr or dealer is surprisingly difficult.

Dave Mulder

The batteries can be accessed without removing the charger

Sorry for the confusion. 1 starter and 1 house

Attachments:
    1. 41079A56-A3B0-4740-8FF9-74B0CC353C87.jpeg

Dave Mulder

The optima just fits sideways allowing the larger house battery to fit in.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.