Fuel selector

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I have a manual switch in the back of my boat in the Main battery compartment where I can select either Main gas tank or Reserve Tank. Where is this reserve tank and how does it get filled? Reason I ask is that the darn selector switch sticks out so far that it rubs on my Main Battery and if I really don’t need it I’ll get rid of it. The model of my boat is a Tournment Pro 195CS Elite Series. Any ideas out there?

Thanks

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Assuming there’s no second filler cap to fill the reserver as you would a boat that has two or more sepearate tanks, then my guess is that the “reserve” fills using an overflow from the “main tank”. It’s probably not even a separate tank, my guess is that it’s similar to the red plastic tanks that have the baffle in them so when the main part of the tank runs dry, the engine kills to warn you. Then you have to tilt the tank to release the “reserve” fuel.

Only a call to Alumacraft or an owners manual will tell you for sure.

Grouse

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Or sometimes they just put two fuel pick-ups in the tank. When you flip it to reserve, it uses the lower fuel pick-up.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Spoke with Alumacraft and they think it’s just a lower part of the tank that the reserve is piped to. They weren’t really sure

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Quote:

Or sometimes they just put two fuel pick-ups in the tank. When you flip it to reserve, it uses the lower fuel pick-up.

Most likely, as i’m sure the tank is built in.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Spoke with a different Dealer and yes there are 2 fuel pickups in the tank one being alittle shorter. I’m going to direct pipe one to the kicker and the other to the main and do away with that selector

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.