Alumacraft NOT so “dry storage”

• kroger3
    blaine mn

Any one else notice that the “dry” storage in the alumacrafts actually take in more water then the not dry storage compartments?

I thought it was just me but after fishing in the rain a few times this spring and another rain then snow storm on Thursday that put about 2-3″ of snow in the boat I notice my dry items are soaked again!

Well it turns out that the dry storage tubs are bolted in through the deck and the water runs right down the bolts and into the “DRY” storage!

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Sound like a great design.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

When I bought a new Trophy 185 in 2000, same thing. Screw/drill holes in the dry storage. Sent the boat back to the factory to have it re-done. Wish I saw that before I took possession. Alway make sure to go over everything.

-J.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

My 2003 Tournament Sport is not like that. Have never had a drop of water in the dry storage, even after fishing in downpours all day long. Maybe they have corrected the problem…?

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

My 2003 Tournament Sport is not like that. Have never had a drop of water in the dry storage, even after fishing in downpours all day long. Maybe they have corrected the problem…?

Boat is a 2012 competitor. You would think they would have fixed it by now…

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

You sure it isn’t to be used as a cooler?

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

You sure it isn’t to be used as a cooler?

There is already a insulated cooler in the Competitor and its the driest compartment of them all!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I have a couple up front in my 195 and they seem to be dry. I haven’t been out fishing in a tard roller (heavy rain) though

trouter18

Mine are always dry (2006 trophy), and I’ve been in a few heavy rains. Never heard of a tard roller though? Care to explain that expression… I kind of like it.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Takes a heck of a flow to make a tard roll

dentedboatguy

I had the same problem on my 2005 Tournament Pro 175. Problem was two small drill holes in the flanged edge of the dry storage compartment, some silicone and it has been dry for 8 years. Probably the same guy drilling holes in the dry storage at the factory.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.