Classic 165 Prop

• BJO
    IA

Getting a 2010 Alumacraft Classic 165 Tiller with a yamaha 50hp 4 stroke. I fish the Mississippi and want to put a stainless steel prop on it. Im going to have a 24 volt troller on the bow. Does anybody have this package or have any ideas on what stainless prop pitch ect. would be the best option ?

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

with only a 50 hp you wont notice any change in performance vs aluminum. until you get to 100 plus before a change is noticed. Hard to spend the money for nada. Call the Prop Shop in Stacy I think now. they will let you know which prop and what performance ups you might see.

propmann
    Brainerd MN

Quote:

Getting a 2010 Alumacraft Classic 165 Tiller with a yamaha 50hp 4 stroke. I fish the Mississippi and want to put a stainless steel prop on it. Im going to have a 24 volt troller on the bow. Does anybody have this package or have any ideas on what stainless prop pitch ect. would be the best option ?

The size of ss prop all depends on what pitch your running now and the WOT rpms. Most will run around a 12 pitch ss.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.