Dominator side storage covers?

• jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

I just bought a used Dom. 175 this last winter. Im not sure how I will like the side storage’s left open. I think I would rather have some sort of hatch on them so stuff doesnt fly out when trailering. Anyone put covers on theirs? I wonder how those bungy nets would look and work?

dea
    Hixton, WI

We had a few custom covers built for them with the same type/color upholstry fabric and put snaps on them. We double folded the material so it was smooth on both sides. That way you could snap the covers on for storage and unsnap them while fishing for ease of use.
    Sorry I thought I had photos, but they must be on another computer.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Those look pretty nice. Where did you have them made?

dea
    Hixton, WI

We had the local upholstry place come and measure and he whipped them up in a day or so. I ordered the material direct from the place that supplies to Alumacraft and ordered the snaps from Alumacraft. That way everything matched perfectly. I would think any upholstry place could do the same thing for you.

Whirly01

I put a bungy net over the port side and it works awesome. On a different topic, a friend helped me this weekend to move the cranking btry tray more to the boat mid-line and turned it 90 degrees. Probably got another 1.5 cu ft of storage so now it is a great place for the throwable flotation device I never used to take with me.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

MNR, rotating the battery was one of the first things I did also. All six planerboards fit in that compartment, now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.