Prediction for the first vehicle through the ice!!

• bigpike

This lake amazes me with the stupidity that people show when having to drive there vehicles on the ice. Every year, sure enough a guy dumps his truck or car in the lake because he is driving on thin ice. I have personally had guys with full size pickups drive up to me on 8″ of ice, everything cracking, water rushing up my hole, ice sagging. It was one of the worse feelings I ever had in my life. The funniest thing about the whole deal is the lake is so small you can make an easy walk to any part of the lake with the awesome access points around the lake. With all that being said, lets liven up this the Altoona thread up with a guess of a date when the first guy goes down. I would guess as I write this a guy is revving up his engine at the landing with a cigarette hanging out his mouth and a beer in his crotch. I say December 10th guys will be driving on the ice, with a December 12th story of the guy whole broke through. Keep in mind if you don’t know full Altoona history there is a guy who has broken through twice. Let the games begin and rememmber if you want to be a spectator for this event do it from shore

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Bigpike, somebody probably already has tried on Marshmiller! A couple years ago I was there first ice, and kind if scared even to walk out, when some dummy pulled up next to me in his F150. Not a good feeling!

I have heard of the bozo that has broken through Altoona twice. Odds are, it will happen a third!

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Oh yeah, I say December 7th!

FishingFool

I hear ya,I have never seen a place where people are so eager to drive out. Marshmiller is a close 2nd…
    A few years ago I was happily jiggin’ for whatever will hit and this guy with a full size F350 comes up to me and asks,”how thick is the ice”.Well me being me I said you tell me,you are the idiot driving out.It was only 8″ where I was! Then there was the shack that went through,almost through…LOL Gotta watch the weather!!!!= See you on the ice! Paul

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

We have guys like that up here in Alexandria too. There will probably be people parking full size trucks in a big group on the edge of Reno in a week or so. Crazy! Every year trucks go through out there.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

LOL Joe 5 years ago on Reno I saw a F-150 bombing across the bay on 5″.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

i dont know how many of you are familiar with baypoint park in red wing….. but any way i was ice fishing on 4″ at the most out by the mouth of the marina aboiut 30 ft from the open water of the main channel, when all the ice started bouncing up and down and you could here a vehicle coming looked out the window to see a f-150 20 ft away yelling at me “are the fish biting” my replay was get away from me before you kill us both! lol i still too this day do not know how he didnt go threw, he should have just drove straight to treasure island too use some of that good luck he had with him that day. i say dec. 12 someone goes through on the north side of the cities somewhere

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Any one have any perdictions on how many will go through pepin this year? All in the same spot most likely too….. Post the pics if you get them. It sounds bad but I like seeing what scares the heck out of me.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I fish altoona a lot and have seen a lot of strange characters. I remember the shack that was half way through a few years ago, the truck near the park landing that went through by the springs, the truck that went through on the north side last year, etc. I would guess since it will be real cold next week that 12-11 or 12-12 will be the date.

wicked_1
    Eau Claire WI

I’m betting you will see a truck out there om the 10th with the cold this week. One will be on the bottom on the 12th where the ice just formed yesterday and today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.