Alright Sharon, lets see it

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I know you must be baking up some pie or special treats for Thanksgiving. Lets see the pictures. grin

Sharon
    SE Metro

Funny you should ask… I made a homemade apple pie on Sunday for my Dad’s birthday so I probably won’t make another pie this week. BUT just this morning I found a new cookie recipe I want to try! It’s for Iced Pumpkin Cookies and they look really delicious! I’ll be sure to post a photo once I make them.

Attached is the photo of the pie I made on Sunday. I guess it looked SO delicious sitting on the counter that my 2.5 year old niece levitated off the ground, reached up, and grabbed a handful of the crust all in the blink of an eye! lol

Attachments:
    1. 20201122_0928041.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

A little better than what I could bake out here in the tower

Attachments:
    1. 9512244E-14DC-4293-BD1E-099203522804.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

poptart cooked on a Mr. Buddy – Doesn’t get any better than that !!!!

AnotherFisherman

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

Ehhh, that pie looks pretty good…

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Sharon, my wife makes pumpkin cookies and if your recipe is anything likes hers, they will be fantastic. She has to make 2 batches, one for me loaded with nuts and one for her and the girls without the nuts. I particularly love them in the morning with my coffee.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Suddenly I have a craving for a Pop Tart! Have you guys ever done a grilled cheese on a Mr. Buddy? Of course depending on the temps pretty much anything hot tastes good after being outside. mrgreen

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Sitting in the cold all day anything warm is a treat Randy. And you know it I’m sure.

Alex Fox

I belly laughed out loud in my office when I saw this.

bla

I warmed up my lefse!

Attachments:
    1. E7C1B23D-0515-4729-9588-450C43A70FBF.jpeg

robby
    Quad Cities

Sharon, that Pie is super cool. Apple is one of my favorites. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Have you guys ever done a grilled cheese on a Mr. Buddy?

Aha! I now have a project!

Mike m

Sitting in the cold all day anything warm is a treat Randy. And you know it I’m sure.

Doesn’t really look like he’s sitting out in the cold . Great looking pie Sharon

Sharon
    SE Metro

Well I’m making the Iced Pumpkin Cookies tonight and I’m happy to announce… this is one of my new favorite cookie recipes!

The cookies have a wonderful pumpkin spice flavor, are soft and cake-like in texture, and the homemade icing is literally the icing on the cake! Err, well cookie! 😁

Attachments:
    1. 20201125_183250.jpg

2. 20201125_182014.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well done, I knew I could count on you. applause

Happy Thanksgiving.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Pumpkin cookies?
    Yeah, I could easily eat a dozen of them at one sitting. I can see it now, a plate of dem bad boys and a mug of baileys and coffee.

Thanks Sharon, I just gained a few pounds looking at your cookies. wink

Sharon
    SE Metro

Dutchy, thanks for this post. Sincerely. I don’t think I was actually going to bake anything for Thanksgiving, until I saw this post. I love baking and have since I was a kid, but sometimes it’s hard to muster up the motivation when my sweet Billy isn’t here to eat my baked goods (often times when I’m STILL trying to bake them!) and bring them into work for the guys at the shop.

I’m glad I’m making these and I know there’ll be no shortage of people to share them with. ☺️ Well… assuming I stop eating them of course! 😋

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sharon, you have to bake, you have to shoot & post photo’s. It was listed in the very fine print of the agreement to join IDO. There’s just no way of getting out of it. grin

Sorry.

Sharon
    SE Metro

LOL good to know! rotflol

Here is the recipe for the cookies!

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients
    • 2 1/2 cups flour
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 1 tsp baking soda
    • 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
    • 1 cup granulated sugar
    • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
    • 1 cup pumpkin puree
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

For the Glaze
    • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
    • 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
    • 1 tablespoon melted butter
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat (or parchment paper).
    2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside.
    3. Cream together the butter and sugars. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until creamy. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons), drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Spray the bottom of a glass with nonstick cooking spray and ever so slightly, flatten the tops of the cookies.
    4. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
    5. To Make the Glaze: Combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve glaze consistency.
    6. Place a piece of parchment or wax paper on your work surface and place a wire rack on top of the paper. Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze and place the cookie onto the wire rack allowing the glaze to drizzle down the sides of the cookie. Allow glaze to firm up before serving.

Note:
    These cookies are best served the day they are made. However, if storing them, I recommend keeping them at room temperature. Do not place them in an airtight container as it could cause the cookies to become too soft and slightly sticky.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Here’s a pumpkin pie recipe I tried yesterday and it’s probably the best I’ve ever had. Looks like a variation of the Libby’s recipe.

1 c sugar
    ½ t allspice
    ½ t salt
    ½ t cloves
    1 ½ t cinnamon
    ½ t nutmeg
    ½ t ginger
    1 ½ c pumpkin (1 small can which is a little more)
    12 oz can evap milk
    2 eggs
    uncooked pie crust

Mix until smooth. Place in uncooked pie shell
    Bake pre heated 425 for 20 min
    Lower heat to 350
    Bake 35 min to firm

Sharon
    SE Metro

That sounds delicious, Suzuki!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Tonight I made some simple but delicious chocolate chip cookies! I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate chips rather than milk chocolate. 😋

Attachments:
    1. 20201202_170145.jpg

2. 20201202_172544.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They look good. I think mom always used the semi sweet also. waytogo

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I got frustrated with Nestle cookies always going flat. I like Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk now. Actually, all their cookie mixes are pretty good.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

100% Norwegian grandma baked & cooked 16hrs a day, 30dz cookies per day. The town of excelsior was there daily, all welcomed.

Deuces

100% Norwegian grandma baked & cooked 16hrs a day, 30dz cookies per day. The town of excelsior was there daily, all welcomed.

That is alot of butter.

Never met a cookie i didnt like honestly. 50s grill chocolate chip cookies are something else.

Those look freaking great Sharon. I would need some 2% and 5 minutes, if i take my time, and those be gone!

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Grandpa was fire chief of excelsior for 29yrs. Massive duck hunter/fisherman & my uncle was the person I netted the 7.7lb smallie from my parents dock in 1975.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

I’m reminiscing.. Jimmy hutmacher (mr jimmy) was a neighbor of my grandparents. The Bermuda shorts he wore in the winter while walking the streets of excelsior, smoking a cigar, talking to himself, made ya think. He always went into bacon drug store, met him there often… can’t always get what you want.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

went way off track in my post, emotions

CaptainMusky

I swear I just gained 10 pounds just looking at the pics of Sharon’s goodies.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.