Alphaburly

• Spencer Koch

I’m looking at getting a pair of Lacrosse Alphaburlys for the ice season. My only question is what others’ experience has been with the insulation on them. I move around quite a bit when I’m on the lake, but once I find fish I do a fair amount of sitting in one place as well. Regardless, I always wear wool socks. I’m curious about what others like for insulation? 1000g? 1600g? 800? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I have 1600g. I don’t seem to get too warm running and gunning. I also use them for deer hunting and they are plenty warm. The fact they are 100% water proof is probably my favorite thing about them. I’m very happy with them.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve got them and would recommend them. I found them on sale around $100 instead of the $150 or so that they usually are. Mine are the 1600g, and my feet stay plenty warm. The 100% waterproof statement is spot on. They also seem more durable than the Mucks I had previously. I’m going into my 3rd season and don’t see why they won’t last at least that many more (and I put on a lot of miles).

Pike1401
    Waconia

My favorite pair of boots. What I’ve noticed that since they’re 100% waterproof, they don’t breathe well. Don’t wear too warm of socks or your feet will sweat. Wet = cold. I have the 800’s and they work great.
    I throw mine on the boot dryer after every trip.

IceManBran

I’ve been looking into these too. Glad to hear people are having positive experiences with them!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Warm, dry boot for sure. A “Run and Gun” boot? Not so much. They are heavy.

Referring to the 1600’s that I also have.

-J.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

To those of you that have them, do they feel like they have good arch support? I have been thinking about them for ice fishing and deer hunting as mentioned but I have bad feet, Planters and an old injury, just wondering before I buy a pair.

Bill Douglas
    Brookings, SD

To those of you that have them, do they feel like they have good arch support? I have been thinking about them for ice fishing and deer hunting as mentioned but I have bad feet, Planters and an old injury, just wondering before I buy a pair.

I have a pair of 1600 gm as far as arch support goes they are average like most boots, IMO. I have used SOLE insoles for years in all of my foot wear because I also have battled planter fasciitis for years.
    wmd

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

For those that have the Alphaburly what kind of durability are you seeing? I bought a pair of Aeroheads for fall hunting and the neoprene didn’t last three years before it started to break down and start leaking. I’ve read other reviews on LaCrosse that have commented the quality is nowhere near what it used to be. For comparison, except for some barbed wire puncture patches, I have some 1990s vintage Burlys that are still going.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

For those that have the Alphaburly what kind of durability are you seeing? I bought a pair of Aeroheads for fall hunting and the neoprene didn’t last three years before it started to break down and start leaking. I’ve read other reviews on LaCrosse that have commented the quality is nowhere near what it used to be. For comparison, except for some barbed wire puncture patches, I have some 1990s vintage Burlys that are still going.

Mine seem to be holding up fine at the 3 year mark. Do I anticipate them lasting me 10+ years? No. Do I think they will get me 5 though? Yes. Anything beyond that is a bonus as I put on a lot of miles and don’t drive atvs, snowmobiles, trucks, etc. where I fish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.