Reel Report #004 – w/ Joe Scegura

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Video Details: Erik Osberg hits a popular Alexandria, MN lake with Joe Scegura during some tough bite conditions. Joe shares some tips on how to consistently ice midwinter panfish on heavily pressured lakes and puts some big bluegills on the ice.

See more IDO Fishing Videos!

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Great Report and those are some nice gills.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Beautiful gills! Nice work Joe!

Joel

ErikOsberg
    Wadena, MN

Big thanks to Joe for taking some time to show us how it’s done, he definatley knows what he’s doing out there.

I don’t know if you can tell by watching the video, but we were fishing a high traffic area, and Joe was the only guy I saw consistently reeling in quality fish. It sounds odd to call fishing work, but Joe worked hard for the fish he caught. We went from hole, to hole, to hole, to hole, to hole… If he marked fish, we’d stop and see if they were active, if we didn’t mark fish, we kept goin’.

The wind chill was well below zero that day, and as you may have noticed, Joe didn’t wear gloves most of the time. Very impressive effort in tuff bite conditions.

Thanks again Joe!

Erik Osberg
    218-251-8306

Remember, it’s not about “having” time, it’s about “making” time.

arklite881south

Great job Men!!

I’m telling you the Reel Reports are such a cool add to IDO!! Those are some pretty fish right there, and tough conditions to ice them!!

Erik your a natural buddy!! Glad your on board!!

ErikOsberg
    Wadena, MN

Thanks for the atta boy. Glad to be here! Hopefully we’ll get up your way soon.

Thanks Again,
    Erik Osberg
    218-251-8306

arklite881south

I know I’m a bit more difficult to get to here on the border buddy!! No worries!! I love seeing the Alex area getting some press. They sure deserve it with all of those fertile waters over there. I’m sure you boys are like kids in the candyshop!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice looking bluegils guys. Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the report.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Thanks Guys! It was brutally cold out there, but a ton of fun. I stayed warm because I was catching fish, but I don’t know how Erik did it holding that camera all afternoon. We ended up catching a pile of really nice fish. Combine that with some great company and it was one heck of a fun day on the ice! I think I defiantly got the better end of this deal though. Thanks for putting up the cold Erik and I hope to see you again soon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.