Lake Reno?

• Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Going on vacation to this lake in August. Anybody fish this lake in the dog days of summer? Any help would be great.

corey-studer

It’s a great area to vacate because you have several lakes near by to fish if Reno isn’t producing. However, Reno is probably one of the better walleye lakes in the area. I’ve had pretty good success trolling spinners with crawlers. If you go straight out of the SW access, there’s a really nice underwater point that runs from the west to the east. Start in a about 15 fow and work out until you find them. If you don’t have any luck there keep going to the north end of the lake and continue to troll spinners up and down the second break from shore line. Once you find them, they’ll smack your baits! Don’t be afraid to even do some open water trolling with some cranks. Of course be, sure sure to have your other options (rigs, jigs and bobbers).

If the eyes aren’t biting try for some panfish. There seems to be a pretty good population of gills and crappie. If Reno isn’t producing give Andrew or Mary a shot.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Thank’s “500” for the tips. It gives me a great place to start, and I may look like a genius to my family if it works!

corey-studer

You’re welcome. Just remember to be patient and give each area some time. Also, if you decide to dine out, be sure to hit the Depot in Alex. They have all you can eat PRIME rib for ~14.99 on Friday and Saturday nights.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.