Help me out, please!

• hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

we found the panfish, but I need any info for Osakis area lakes or Alex. for walleye. Thanks for any info in advance, Hoistafish

Don Hanson

My 2 picks would be Osakis and Ida. On Osakis I would hit the shallower bars with livebait. On Ida I would head to the small lake and fish the eastside weedline. Holler if you would like more info.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Don, I’ll be on Osakis at Midway resort the 2-4 of june. Mind if I ask for some pointers too? I’ve never fished it before.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks again for the advice Don! Our group of guys caught a bunch of pike and few walleyes this last weekend on Osakis. We trolled for pike during the day and had success in 10-14 feet of water on husky jerks and shad raps. Our neighbors trolled the inside of the weedline around 6-7 feet and did well also including landing a couple walleyes and one 9lb pike. Our biggest was only 24 inches, but we caught plenty for a fish fry on saturday. I only caught one walleye trolling during the day. On saturday night we found out the right depth and caught a few around dark on slip bobbers with a leech in 17-20 feet. We caught 11 walleyes for the weekend with 3 being legal, 2-19″s and 1 17″er. This lake has a 15″ minimum. We had a tough time finding the panfish. We tried in the weeds, but did not have much luck. I believe the crappies are post spawn and were not biting well. The lake was not very busy at all and I enjoyed my first time fishing this lake. We stayed at Midway Resort on the south end which was a decent resort. They even had dock boys who would help loading and unloading your boat up on the lifts. I look forward to fishing this lake again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.