Alexandria Ice Report

• Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

As of last night the majority of Alexandria lakes have iced over completely! It won’t be long now! I can guarantee there will be anglers out this weekend and the area will be in full ice fishing mode by next weekend. Be safe!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161208_074611_356.jpg

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I got out yesterday and there was 6-7″ on the small/medium sized lakes.

We only got about 1-2″ of light snow too so we’ll be making ice quickly up here!

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Thanks for the updates joe I’ll be there on Thursday!

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

By any chance would you know the ice report on Ida?

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

By any chance would you know the ice report on Ida?

I haven’t been on Ida yet. I hit the shallower lakes the first week and head to the bigger lakes like Miltona and Ida a little later on. I plan to be checking the ice thickness on Ida and Miltona possibly this next week end.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

Thanks Joe. I plan on being up in the area this weekend. Looking forward to the first trip out on the ice.

mpblake
    Bloomington MN

Hi Joe — been out on Miltona yet ? ice thickness ?

thinking southeast corner near the “semi-private” landing by the golf course

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Hi Joe — been out on Miltona yet ? ice thickness ?

thinking southeast corner near the “semi-private” landing by the golf course

mp I was on it last Friday had 6-7″ of good ice, bite was a little slow ended up with 2 eyes fished 8-11 am.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I’ve been out a couple times there and found the same ice thickness as Kent. I wouldn’t count on that thickness all over though. Miltona and Ida are generally very similar and I know Ida has some very sketch spots (4″-5″) even out in the middle.

The small to medium sized lakes around the area have around 10″-11″. We didn’t get much for snow either. There’s only a couple inches of snow/slush with some drifting. That top layer should be froze solid in a couple days. ATV travel seems to be most everywhere. There are some trucks being parked along the edges for over a week now.

Fishing has been decent. With limits some days but usually just a few each time out for most anglers.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161217_181530_351-1.jpg

2. IMG_20161217_181715_209-1.jpg

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

Anyone have an update on how the ice is on area lakes? I am hoping to head up to Lake Ida this weekend and do have access to a 4 wheeler if needed. Are the accesses still in OK shape?

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Most of the accesses are in good shape, but some are pulling away. The lakes with current running through them are not doing near as well. The ice is real white and clear on a lot of lakes but others are turning dark the past 24hrs. I have not been to Ida this week but I may be by there tomorrow.

I plan on spending the weekend in the wheel house. Even though there will be people out in trucks I’m opting to use my snowmobile to pull out the house. If you have an ATV I’d be very surprised if you cant find a way on Ida. I’ll let you know if I get an ice report for Ida. Good luck.

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

Thanks Joe! My dad lives off Gehrkes Point so I usually use the north access (by the stream feeding from Miltona) which may be questionable. I can probably get on from his shore if needed.

Last weekend to ice some Walleyes and i need to get out there. Let me know if you make it out that way. Good luck to you as well!

fishingallday

Anyone know if your able to walk out on Osakis yet? Would like to get out there this weekend if possible.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I have not been on Osakis but I have not found a lake in Alexandria I can’t drive a wheeler on. There are a few north side accesses that are pulling away some but for the most part the lakes are in decent shape. Walking will not be an issue. At the most bring knee boots if you’re going off the north end access.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.