Aitkin County – No Wake

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Fished Cedar on Saturday morning; two surprises. First, they paved the road that goes back to the access, sweet!!! Second, the lake is up about 2.5′! Only took a couple of pictures. There was a sign on the dock at the public that by order of Aitkin County Commissioner all lakes except Mille Lacs in Aitkin County are no wake until further notice. Nice not to have any Jetskis out there for a change. The actual town of Aitkin is in bad shape as well, couple of businesses flooded and the river was still going up. I was told it will crest tomorrow…

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Wow, I fish that lake and can’t believe how high it looks.

And all that water is headed our way eventually too.

Chumba

I got up to cedar on Thursday afternoon to find our dock 2 feet under water. Pretty crazy. Any fish biting out there for ya?

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Fished from 6:30 to Noon, had one very small northern follow, no skis.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

It is a shame that you can’t seem get a break up north on the flooding. Cedar is a great place and I am sure there are some beautiful homes/cabins that have sustained major damage. On a positive note, the paved road to the ramp is great!

buckeye

Is Aitkin Co. still under no wake?

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I have a cabin on big sandy and as far as I know yes.. They are not even letting boats on the lake you can only take them out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.