Air fryer

• Dink buster

Should we buy an air fryer? Anyone with one how do you like them? What’s a good one to buy if you do.

realtreeap10
    Over there

We bought one at X-mas last year to try out and use it fairly often. French fries, brats, chicken among a few things. I will say get a 6 quart size as even though that sounds big when you put 4 brats in there’s not a ton of room. Bought the Insta-pot 6 qt vortex fryer from Target.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Love it. Would not be without it after habing one.
    Not sure there’s anything you can’t cook in it. Gets it nice and crispy. Especially like leftovers in it.
    Ours is a Chefman big enuf for rotisserie chicken which it has.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

We have one, but don’t used it often. Can you fry fish in them? Any secrets? Egg rolls were just meh.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

We have one, an in-law gift. Does a great job on fries, chicken, etc. I actually like it a lot, but have never attempted anything fancy. I’m still figuring out the other in-law gift of an instant-pot…which I love.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We got one and tried it a few times – not the biggest fan of it. probably much healthier but to me there was not much flavor. We may have to give it another try.

Brady Valberg

Fish in an air fryer was terrible when I tried it

haleysgold
    SE MN

Fish is great in it.
    Secret is dry batter or no batter.
    Seem like anything wet or mushy stays wet and mushy.
    Plain fish with butter and lemon pepper was nice and flaky.or rolled in corn flakes was good too. Crispy on the outside.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Those bacon wrapped and stuffed chicken breasts are phenomenal in the air fryer. Fries and plain chicken breasts are good too

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have one and so-so for fish or fries as far as I am concerned I have the Fry Daddy use Peanut oil and like that much better.

Bob Erfish

Not quite as good as a deep fryer but no oil, easy cleanup, and a bit healthier make it well worth it. I use mine all the time

queenswake
    NULL

I like how quick it fries the food. Certain foods are lacking in taste as compared to a deep fryer (mozzarella sticks, etc). But chicken tenders are pretty good just because of the crispiness.

I used to have a deep fryer in the kitchen was was just awesome, but it made such a mess that I’ll never have one again unless I only use it outside. It also took time to get the oil hot enough.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.