AI Done Remarkably Well

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Billy Joel releases new song and vid. Worth a look. What they can do with AI should make everyone think twice about what we think is real!

-J.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Thanks for sharing that Jon. It opens a discussion that I have been interested in.

So immediately I was wondering how AI was used. It was specifically used in the video (which should be obvious) not in the creation of the music or lyrics.

I have heard examples of AI generated music and it has ranged from ok to completely horrible. I am sure if I did some searching I would find ones that I enjoy.

As a data engineer, I have explored how to use it as a tool in my daily life. Over the course of the past year my findings are mixed. It fails miserably (so far) in helping me write code. It is useful for me to write job requirements or other documents.

It is also impacting the way that I hire contractors. The majority of candidates that I interviewed for a recent opening were trying to cheat by using AI. It was obvious to me in the way that they responded to my questions.

So back to the point that Jon made. Be wary of things that you see posted on the internet. Deep fakes are really easy to make now.

Reef W

I’m sure nothing bad will happen, it’s not like a significant amount of people blindly believe every Facebook post they see or anything whistling

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I’m sure nothing bad will happen, it’s not like a significant amount of people blindly believe every Facebook post they see or anything whistling

rotflol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

That’s the most polite, sarcastic way of saying “We’re F-d’

Society is about to get hit like a train by AI, and many of those run over won’t even know they’re victims.

CaptainMusky

AI scares the daylights out of me because of what its capable of.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have been investigating this AI software for picking stocks. Some claim in the high risk area, they are seeing a 78% monthly ROI ? Makes me think if you are not trading with some kind of AI software soon, you are gonna lose BIG TIME !

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It is also impacting the way that I hire contractors. The majority of candidates that I interviewed for a recent opening were trying to cheat by using AI. It was obvious to me in the way that they responded to my questions.

So back to the point that Jon made. Be wary of things that you see posted on the internet. Deep fakes are really easy to make now.

There are tools out there already that use AI to detect AI. Just like a human writer or content creator has tendencies that create “signatures” in their work, so does AI. Both in terms of written content and media assets.

The teachers at my kid’s school now put all written and media work assignments through an “AI checker” in addition to the plagiarism checker that has been out there for years. The kids can use the same tools to make sure they are attributing sources correctly and not “borrowing” AI-generated ideas or content even if they rewrite it.

To me the scary thing about AI is that it just proves the more things change, the more they stay the same.

There is still a large segment of the population that a) believes what they see/read on the internet/social media without asking any critical questions and b) buy wholesale into the notion that if someone they follow or believe in says something, then it MUST be true. Regardless of any/all evidence pointing to the contrary.

10klakes

Ya’ll know they are actually best friends right?

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1708013055578.jpg

10klakes

(Don’t turn this political for mine and Jon’s sake. I found humor in the photo, also shows the dangers of AI)

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Some claim in the high risk area, they are seeing a 78% monthly ROI ?

Whoa those are almost Pelosi congressperson numbers!

(Don’t turn this political for mine and Jon’s sake. I found humor in the photo, also shows the dangers of AI)

That pic is hilarious, and hopefully worth 1000 words of warning on AI…

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

A conversation that I had with ChatGPT today:

Attachments:
    1. image001.png

Snake ii’s

Anyone heard of Skynet? There is a series of movies regarding this topic…………

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The teachers at my kid’s school now put all written and media work assignments through an “AI checker” in addition to the plagiarism checker that has been out there for years. The kids can use the same tools to make sure they are attributing sources correctly and not “borrowing” AI-generated ideas or content even if they rewrite it.

I hope more schools start doing this. It is very common for younger generations to use AI to write their papers. My boss hired an intern one year because of the paper she wrote that the instructor shared with us. She couldn’t remember ½ of what “she wrote” since she used AI to write the paper. Have another 22-year-old who proudly admits that she didn’t write any of her papers in high school or college and got straight As. It made me laugh. They spend all this $$$ to get a great education and use AI to do all their homework. They are robbing themselves of their education and don’t care since in the end they have the diploma that gets them the higher paying jobs.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^Handwritten assignments/assessments done completely in school in front instructors are having a resurgence. The pencil doesn’t lie.

Gitchi Gummi

Don’t let Jon see this! I posted this same pic in another thread and he zapped it within a couple minutes

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Don’t let Jon see this!

Those other posts were dusted because the thread tuned into a series of insults directed at each other. Please don’t take it personally Gitchi Gummmi.

The pic is kinda on topic because it shows an obvious example of AI and what you should be very skeptical of what you think is real. waytogo

-J.

OG Net_Man

All choreographed like professional wrestling but friends behind the scenes? grin

10klakes

All choreographed like professional wrestling but friends behind the scenes? grin

We all are getting played jester jester

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.