Advice on Canadian Drive-to Lake for Fishing Trip?

• Dogfish

Hey All!

I have a few ideas rolling around in my head (upper Lotw, Lac Seul, etc) but I’d love to hear if you have any advice for lakes to look into for a summer fishing trip! The trip attendees are located in central MN, are well outfitted, and can fish any style short of down rigging.

Thanks for the advice!

jwellsy

Are you wanting to go camping this year or a cabin next year?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I went HERE years ago, went to Dominion. Loved it !

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Unless you are asking for 2021 you ain’t going anywhere.

bigpike

Unless you are asking for 2021 you ain’t going anywhere.

I still hold out hope for an open border some time this summer but my fear is this is becoming political and about control.

As far as the question goes: what are you looking for? Do you and your group like roughing it or do you like comfort and an American plan or something in between? This will help narrow down the response’s

Dogfish

Hey All,

Appreciate the clarifying questions. There’s a very real chance it won’t happen this year but the lakes will still be there in a year or even the next! We’d probably prefer cabins vs camping but definitely don’t need to be in a luxury resort by any means. If the fishing were good enough we would sleep in the boats!

Walleyes would be the main quarry but pike, bass and muskie are always fun too!

The reason I’m posting the question here is that we’ve gone on a few trips the last 5-10 years and just haven’t had one of those days where we really slayed em.

Appreciate all the insight, suggestions, and jokes!

bigpike

G had a very good option for you and Pasha also has what you want. A number of lakes you can travel to with boats on each lake. You also can bring your own rigs and fish Nipigon if you really want an adventure. Chad will help you out on each lake you choose. Tell him what you want…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.