Active Target 2 battery suppy

This question my have been asked before but here goes. I’m installing an Active Target 2 & I would like to know if I can wire it up my battery supply to a Dewalt 20V 9AH FlexVolt battery. I’ll be wiring my Elite FS9 to my cranking battery which is 12v but was just wondering about my sonar module. Dan

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

This question my have been asked before but here goes. I’m installing an Active Target 2 & I would like to know if I can wire it up my battery supply to a Dewalt 20V 9AH FlexVolt battery. I’ll be wiring my Elite FS9 to my cranking battery which is 12v but was just wondering about my sonar module. Dan

You would need a voltage reducer to bring that 20v down to like 12-15v. In my opinion, it’s not worth it. Just get a battery specifically for AT. I run all my graphs on 1 100ah lithium. You could get away with a smaller 30ah 12v lithium for around $100 on amazon.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’m installing an Active Target 2 & I would like to know if I can wire it up my battery supply to a Dewalt 20V 9AH FlexVolt battery.

According to the specs provided by Lowrance; Active target max operating voltage is 31.2 volts DC.

I’ll be wiring my Elite FS9 to my cranking battery which is 12v

According to the specs provided by Lowrance; Elite FS max operating voltage is 17.0 volts DC.

==================================================================

FWIW;
    I have both my Elite FS and my Active Target wired to a single Lithium battery. My system is entirely self contained and fully portable. (with the exception of the transom mounted 3N1 transducer, one cord to disconnect)
    This has worked extremely well to be portable between two boats and ice fishing application.

The battery I use is an AMPED OUTDOORS32Ah Lithium Battery (14.8V NMC)
    Battery and BMS specifications:
    Actual Voltage: 14.8V
    Nominal Capacity: 32AH
    Discharge Cut-Off: 12V
    Charge Cut-Off: 16.8V
    Charge Current: 15A Max
    Cont. Discharge: 15A Max
    Peak Discharge: 15A Max
    Charge Temperature: 32F to 110F
    Operation Temperature: -20F to 140F
    Charge Method: CC/CV
    Life Cycle: 800-1000

Terminal Type: Spade – F2 Connectors

Weight: 4lb 13oz

Attachments:
    1. ELECTRIC-SPECS.jpg

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rjthehunter wrote:</div>
    You would need a voltage reducer to bring that 20v down to like 12-15v.

Not true.

Correct, I forgot you can run these on 24v!

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I would like to know if I can wire it up my battery supply to a Dewalt 20V 9AH FlexVolt battery.

The danger with using a “tool” battery is the batteries themselves, lack a BMS (Battery Management System) to prevent drawing the battery down below recovery. One can permanently damage the tool battery.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.