Action lake for tip ups

• Tedd Johnson

My youngest daughter finally expressed some intrest in ice fishing she wants to tey5 tip up fishing. Looking for an action lake for pike size dont matter, she is 10 and gets bored easy so want to keep her runnin. Im in central Wisconsin and can drive a couple hours to an action lake. I usually jig for walleye so can use some good tips.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

I don’t have any lakes by you but when im chasing them I like to set up on a weed line in about 12 to 15 feet set bait at half the distances.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Im in central Wisconsin and can drive a couple hours to an action lake. I usually jig for walleye so can use some good tips.

Central Wisconsin? Are you within a couple hour drive to the Turtle Flambeau Flowage? An overabundance of pike in there so you will keep your daughter running and you can still jig for walleyes there too.

Tedd Johnson

I am within a couple hours of the turtle and have fished it before with little to show for it

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I am within a couple hours of the turtle and have fished it before with little to show for it

I’m shocked! Used to be filled with small pike, with a few good one’s too. 20-30 caught in a day. Not quality fishing but lot’s of action for a kid. Walleye would be occasional, cannot think of another place to catch lots of pike other than the TFF?

404 ERROR
    MN

TFF has always been good for flag chasing smaller to medium sized pike. It’s been about 4 years since I’ve been up there fishing, but I always had a blast chasing flags on that system.

If you’re ever in southern MN, there are many lakes between Mankato and Faribault that are great for flagging 20-26″ pike. 30-40 fish days are very common on a few of the lakes in the area.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.