Aaron Rodgers…

• roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

OK Pack fans…What the heck is up with him? Is it him or the O-Line? I mean he missed a wide open Cobb in the end zone (badly!) and two years ago he makes that throw with his eyes closed. Is this temporary or do Packers fan see this as his future? (I don’t have a dog in this fight except I have Cobb on my FF team so that pissed me off! flame …) RR

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Frustration mostly…He is smirk in the locker room,butt has to retire before he comes out of the closet. whistling

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I don’t watch packers games so I cant say I know this first hand but there has been a lot written and said about his mechanics and how he is actually just not playing like a good QB right now and hasn’t been for the better part of 1.5 years. Everyone has blamed everything but him for a while now – Jordy being gone, play calling, recievers cant get free, O line stinks, run game is bad… but I think people are finally looking at his play and realizing that he is the problem. I think some of his issues can be blamed on others but really football is a team sport and every QB can blame their receivers, O line, coaches ext…

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Frustration mostly…He is smirk in the locker room,butt has to retire before he comes out of the closet. whistling

So he’s gay, that’s why he’s bad now?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

his ugly mutt for a girlfriend made him go vegan. Now he can’t find the strength he once had.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Travis did you come to MN to get an education and then head back to cheeseland? makes sense whistling

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Mike McCarthy is the problem in Cheeseland, and has been for years. He should have been fired after the epic collapse against the Seachickens in the NFC championship a few years ago, but that’s not the “packers way”…Rodgers’ talent has been covering for McCarthy and Ted Thompson’s ineptitude, Rodgers is sick of it and knows the coach and/or GM gets fired before a HOF QB. How long have they been trying to get a running game, 6 years? Longer? How about a premier defense? About the same time frame? How about a big free agent pickup??? That’s on the coach/gm. Eddie Lacy is one of the most overrated RB’s in recent years….or it’s a coincidence that no other teams start a 280 lbs RB…hopefully (as a Vikes fan) they don’t make any changes and try to fix it in house like usual! rotflol

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

Oh damm; look its the forum patrol again.
    Your using your own observations and injecting your own words.
    You don’t like a little humor go somewhere else.

bigpike

I’d make some serious comments on Rodgers first ever slump as a pro football player. But I am not sure if this is the usual viking puke fest on the packers you get around here, but I have a pretty good idea. Either way its a long season and in the end I bet Rodgers and the Packers will have a say in the playoffs….

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Easy Jeff, could you explain your joke then? When I read it, it sounded like,
    “He’s happy in the locker room but is frustrated because he can’t come out until after he retires?”

I guess I don’t know another way to interpret that than ‘lol cause he’s gay’?

I like humor a lot, I’m a professional amateur comedian, but ‘he’s gay’ hasn’t been funny for like a decade, get with the times. It’s all epic fails and water bottle flips now.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Real talk, I think it’s gluten.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d make some serious comments on Rodgers first ever slump as a pro football player. But I am not sure if this is the usual viking puke fest on the packers you get around here, but I have a pretty good idea. Either way its a long season and in the end I bet Rodgers and the Packers will have a say in the playoffs….

I’d love to hear it, because right now this “slump” extends back 16 games. And since the start of the 2015 season he is the 33rd ranked QB by yards per attempt (which factors in completion % as well as yardage), which is also worse than JOhnny Manziel. yay yay

http://www.startribune.com/what-is-wrong-with-the-packers-all-signs-point-to-aaron-rodgers/397340721/

Jonesy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

Oh damm; look its the forum patrol again.
    Your using your own observations and injecting your own words.
    You don’t like a little humor go somewhere else.

It should be funny though if it’s an attempt at humor.

big_g
    Isle, MN

just ask Shannon Sharpe….. he says “Rodger’s is bad” he had Driver, Jennings and Finley that made him look good…. now he is just plain bad without them. I always said, Moss made Culpepper look like a good QB… which he was not.

Jonesy

It’s an issue that has many reasons. In no particular order.

1. His mechanics, which he used to be a perfectionist at have gone out the window.

2. His WRs are not getting open on a consistent basis.

3. When they are open Rodgers often looks past them for the “big play”. This is why Cobb is not as successful as in recent years. He threw to Janis on sunday, wide open but he waited and cost Janis some YAC. Crosses and effective screens used to be a staple in the offense. My hope is that they use Monty more like they did against Dallas. Getting 4-6 yards per reception keeps the chains moving.

4. Improper use of the running game. See it all the time. Lacy starts going is having a great quarter and half and then starks comes in and we don’t see Lacy until the 4th. I know some of that is to keep Lacy fresh but Starks has lost a step from years past.

5. The receiving depth is not as good as it once was. When they won the superbowl/year after they had Jennings(prime) Driver (solid) Nelson (up and comer) (Jones) (see nelson) and Finley (TE) who as frustrating as he was absolutely had to be accounted for.

5A. Ted Thompson has failed to give Rodgers a great team. Now Losing Finley and Collins to career ending injuries hurt but this movement to stay young for young sake and the assumption that Rodgers, who was the most efficient QB in NFL history would find a way.

6. McCarthy, while a great coach his message may have gotten stale. It’s grown tired on many fans and beat reporters. Perhaps the same is true for the players.

7. Rodgers has not been clutch in clutch situations in the playoffs. Losing to SF at home on a last second FG and of course the Seattle game. Losing that seattle game very likely cost them a 2nd superbowl.

Much of this can be fixed. Rodgers needs to accept coaching and concentrate on his mechanics. McCarthy needs to keep personnel packages changing. Why keep 7WRs if you are only going to use 3?

Another thought. This team could very well benefit from a down season. Like a true down season. Not a season where you go 10-6 because Rodgers is that good but should really go 4-12. This team could benefit from some high draft picks for once and by signing 1-2 impact free agents. Charles Woodson was. Peppers would have been had it not been for the collapse in seattle.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

3. When they are open Rodgers often looks past them for the “big play”. This is why Cobb is not as successful as in recent years. He threw to Janis on sunday, wide open but he waited and cost Janis some YAC. Crosses and effective screens used to be a staple in the offense. My hope is that they use Monty more like they did against Dallas. Getting 4-6 yards per reception keeps the chains moving.

I don’t know if there’s any way to prove this, but I bet it’s not far from the mark. Rodgers has historically been so good at turning a nothing play into a big play. How many times have you seen him scramble out of the pocket to get away from pressure, then throw a 50 yard bomb on the run to an open receiver(who was probably done running their route).

It used to be infuriating watching the Vikes play against Rodgers. Guys like Cobb would kill us with short passing plays for mid yardage(and occasionally break off a long one with some YAC), then when we finally get pressure he’d bust out of the pocket and kill you with a deep play.

At least that’s what my memory tells me. I think the gluten is really starting to drag Rodgers down though.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

It is due to becoming vegan and losing strength and weight.

Mike Petersen

Disclosure…I am a lifelong Vikings fan, but Aaron Rodgers scares the bleep out of me, just like Favre before him…any athlete has peaks and valleys and, no doubt, Rodgers is in a slump right now…I am not willing to bet against him playing at an elite level again….that being said, SKOL Vikes!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m just glad that after 24 years the Vikes finally have a better QB then Green Bay.
    SKOL VIKES.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

“He’s happy in the locker room but is frustrated because he can’t come out until after he retires?”

I like humor a lot, I’m a professional amateur comedian, but ‘he’s gay’ hasn’t been funny for like a decade, get with the times. It’s all epic fails and water bottle flips now.

Save your humor for the mirror,you will find your #1 fan there.

Ranger rick

Fire dumb capers the real problem for the last 5 years

Pete S

just ask Shannon Sharpe….. he says “Rodger’s is bad” he had Driver, Jennings and Finley that made him look good…. now he is just plain bad without them. I always said, Moss made Culpepper look like a good QB… which he was not.

Driver was a 7th round draft pick that the pack took on a flier. He had Favre and then Rodgers throw to him his whole career. He was smart enough to know that a good QB can make or break a WR. Speaking of a broken WR, what happened to Jennings career since he left GB? About 30 catches a year for the vikes, one forgetful year in Miami and now he’s out of the league. Finley – the year they won the superbowl, finley was on IR. Rodgers had one of the best playoff runs in QB history w/out him. How about James Jones, leaves the pack and is average in oakland. Is cut from 2 or 3 teams last year and the pack pick him back up off the street and he is tops in the league in TD catches. This year the pack moved on and jones is out of a job. Moss was a rare talent, he is one of a handful of WR’s that can make a qb look good.

As for rodgers, his reaction time is off and so is his confidence. I don’t think mccarthy is any help at this point and they may need to make a decision on who they want to ride the next 4-6 years, Rodgers or mccarthy. I’ll take 12.

Pete S

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

Save your humor for the mirror,you will find your #1 fan there.

jeff, maybe you could enlighten us to the last time a gay joke was actually funny? which 8-track tape was that again…

Mr. Derek
    NULL

Real talk, I think it’s gluten.

Easy philtickelson, could you explain your joke? When I read it, it sounded like,
    “He’s got celiac disease so he can’t play at a high level”
    I guess I don’t know another way to interpret that than ‘lol cause he’s got celiac disease’?

I like humor a lot, but ‘he’s got celiac disease’ hasn’t been funny for like a decade, get with the times. It’s all epic fails and water bottle flips now.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

What’s there to be easy about, I didn’t say anything?

PS, you’re trying too hard, save your humor for the mirror, you’ll find your #1 fan there.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He has Simpsons-Romo disease

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am sure the Packers will check this forum looking for the answer. For that reason, I refuse to give it to them.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I just read an article that suggested that Aaron Rodgers struggles are a result of deflategate and the league paying more attention to the PSI levels in footballs. I have never seen a player get so much leeway as Rodgers in my life! Aaron Rodgers is the reason Aaron Rodgers is struggling not PSI levels, not other peoples decisions, not spacemen from mars its HIM! When you play poorly for the better part of 18 months its time to stop looking around and look in the mirror. I get the dissension from MVP to mediocre at best is shocking and people want to find a reason to understand this but lets just put away the excuses for once and stop blaming it on other factors. Its ridiculous.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I think it can be tracked back to the Grape Crush he drank at the post game presser after beating the Vikes a couple years ago. Karma in a bottle or something.

McCarthy’s shelf life as an NFL coach (with the same team) has expired. Ten years is a long run, Belichek being the exception.

No doubt he’s trending downward, they would have been swept by the Lions last year if not for the last second hail Mary. I still look at playing the Pack on Christmas eve as one of the two toughest games remaining this season, the other being the Cowboys.
    Hey Ken! We might have to have a friendly wager on that game!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Aaron Rodgers…’ is closed to new replies.