A very special Christmas

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

To the very good friends I have made through here since the old days of the original site, and all the wonderful acquaintances I have made since, i wish you all a very Merry Christmas in the deareat terms. We all get caught up in all aspects of life. The steady demands of work and family activities can easily make us lose sight of the most prescious things, LIFE.

This year’s holiday brings to us probably the most challenging experience of.my life. I know others have lost loved ones, and until you have the reality of experience, it’s only an imagination of the emotional roller coaster.

My mother is in her final stage and I’ve moved in with her to do everything a child can do to ease the process. Realizing tomorrow is Christmas, has really given me a burst of energy. Rather than falling to depression and feeling the anger of watching my mother deteriorate, I’ve been reflecting upon 50 something years of.memories and life experiences that is nearly indescribable. My mother has had a strong personality and always portrayed the ability to conquer anything. Just 2 weeks ago she was told she had only days. Her response was she wiuld have christmas at home with her son and family.
    Here we are tonight, mom peacefully sleeping in the hospital bed in the living room, my father sleeping in the recliner at her side, and family gathering around. All she asked me was to take her home and she wants no more hospitals.

There is no crystal ball to know when the good Lord will take her from US. But, Christmas gifts are most precious when they come from the heart and are the most simplest.

Lord, Thank you for allowing me to make one last wish of my Mother to happen. Additionally, I’m very grateful for the many friends I’ve made through IDO over the years and the strength I find through you all.

Sincerely, the best wishes for everyone to have a safe Christmas and to give that one special gift that makes the difference in someone’s life.

Rw

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Randy I can’t even imagine the stress that situation could cause on a person. But you are a strong man and it’s so great to hear that you and family are by mothers side. I really wish you , your mom and rest of family the merriest of a Christmas.

With all love from the my family to yours .

catmando
    wis

Good for you,your mother knows what she wants, and you making it happen. Best wishes to you and yours. DK.

Iowaboy1

hug your mom for me Randy,I bet when she makes her journey back home that there is a lake waiting for her there with the nicest boat you could ever imagine on it.
    I bet that lake is full of 30 plus inch walleyes waiting for her too.
    maybe someday,we will all get to go fishing with her.

hug your dad for us too,and let him know that he and mom raised a fine son.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Prayers for you and your family Randy. Definitely puts things into perspective. It’s a great thing you are doing for her and I’m sure it means the world to her. Merry Christmas.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Randy, some pretty heartfelt words. I wish you and your family well.

I sat here exactly 1 year ago tonight, I lost my 21 year old grandson. I know how your feeling. Tonight I feel completely numb, 1 year later knowing I’m missing alot of fishing and hunting time with him.

My heart goes out to you. I’m not much of a religious person, but God bless!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Merry Christmas Randy. And you are a great man raised by a great woman from what it sounds like. I hope you enjoy the time you have with her.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There’s nothing I can say to help you through this time Randy besides “keep the faith”.

Someday we’ll all know why.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There’s nothing I can say to help you through this time Randy besides “keep the faith”.

Someday we’ll all know why.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Randy, blessings to you and your family this Christmas. It sounds like you are doing everything you can to make her at peace and that is more important than anything else.

Peace and prayers to you and your family.

Dave

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Prayers have been sent to you and your family. Kudos to you stepping up to help honor your mother and her wishes. Without ever meeting you, it’s obvious you’re a kind soul and truly understand what family and the holidays are about.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Aside from the pain and heartstrings being pulled, there’s nothing more precious than time to spend with and say goodbye to loved ones. To many leave us in the blink of an eye with no last words or comfort. She is blessed to have you as a son, as are you to have her for each and every “extra” day. I pray I’m as lucky and as strong as you when the time comes.
    I’m off to midnight mass, I’ll pray for you and your family, and for all.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Randy.I can only imagine that your mother is very grateful you made her wish come true. God bless you and your family.

jime

Randy…thanks for sharing this story with us on Christmas.
    Material things are not important. Your words are both sad yet
    filled with joy and appreciation. Blessing for your mother and
    your family. Your words were all I need for Christmas.

tweed

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Randy, you are truly a special guy who has a lot to offer the world. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

Merry Christmas to you and your family. My families thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The best gifts are not always placed under the tree, the best gifts are times spent with family.

Peace to you and your family.

Merry Christmas

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Prayers sent to your mom, you and your family. May you find comfort and peace in these difficult times.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Randy…. all the best to you now and in the time to come!

Your post if nothing else is helping me a bit as I fight to accept last night may be a final Christmas Eve with my aging parents fighting issues as well. It changes so much.

B-man

Glad you are able to spend another Christmas with your Mom Randy.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Thank you for sharing Randy. Prayers for strength for your mother, you, your family and friends. Take comfort knowing that she is about to receive the greatest Christmas gift of all.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

You are one fine son Randy. Making this what your Mom wanted the best gift ever. Your parents definitely raised a keeper and though we have never met you have done the same with your family from the stories you have given us here on IDO. Prayers sent and best wishes in 2019.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

Wishing your mother, father, you and your family peace!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Your mother did well raising her son. She has something to be very proud of.

Wish your mother the very best of Christmas from all of her son’s fans here at IDO.

God bless.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Randy,
    Nothing I can say or do will change your situation. You however, have already said it. This is indeed a very special Christmas. You will remember this Christmas, each and every Christmas there after. This Christmas will be remembered for all the right reasons and for all the good things. Obviously your mother is still an inspiration to you and your family.

God bless.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Randy thanks for sharing,really hit the heart. Your a great man and son. Wish you and your family the best Christmas ever. Cherish evey moment now. Hang in there.

Joe

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks everyone for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. I’ve had too many PM’s to respond to, and just thought it was time to put this publicly. Its been a Christmas like no other for me. Very quiet and peaceful. Most of the time has just been my sleeping mother and I….plus a dozen does that walked up this morning in the fresh snow to look in the patio door.

No phones, no TV, (yes, a little time on the puter), no wrapped gifts, no political bs, no distractions. The peace here has been amazing and my mother’s boost in energy has made for great conversations.

Merry Christmas to all

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Merry Christmas randy.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Hope your special family had a merry Christmas Randy.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.