A public thank you

• Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

To preface this post a bit…..
    When I first joined IDO almost 10 years ago, I thought that I would basically be trading reports and such….I quickly found out it was way more than that..
    It was a place to actually learn (lots of) things,meet like-minded,good, people that turned into good friends….
    Good times were had….
    Then…on 9/5/2014…I had a stroke… and as a result I also found out I had a couple of more issues requiring some surgery,medications,and some more time in the hospital..
    Suddenly, I could not do the things I loved without someone to help me(at my age… old buddys have that nasty habit of dying sometimes)….fishing and being outdoors became just memories….I started feeling sorry for myself and was on the verge of just giving up…

Then this last week,after over a year,I finally was able to go fishing again…..
    A good friend(to me and many other people here also)Randy Wieland shared his boat, and time, to fish with me for little a bit…..

Many,many thank you’s Randy….
    Not only are you are a good man and friend….You have also given me the inspiration to fight a little harder to do the things I used to love….I’m proud to call you a friend sir….

Funny how 10 walleyes can do that huh?……

Attachments:
    1. 13177937_10156786443880212_3405785294145561545_n.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Glad to here you got out at them again and did well to boot! Stay well my friend!

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Awesome. Keep it up!

bigpike

Wow. Keep up the hard rehab work and get back all the things you love as best as you can. We are all pulling for you!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Very cool story, 10 eyes, your on the mend now mrgreen …and WTG Randy waytogo

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Mud- I didn’t know! Glad you are healthy. And Randy is a rare find indeed.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thank you for sharing this Mudshark. Perhaps without intent, learning of this from your side of it should remind all of us that day (time) will be upon us as well. Thanks for reminding us to not take any day for granted, and be thankful for the things we have and are blessed with! Betting that those walleye fillets tasted the best ever. smile

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Nice story. Keep fighting shark!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

toast

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Glad to hear that you’re feeling better! And a day with Randy is always a treat. Hope you continue to improve and can get out on the water again soon.

SR

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing, in a world that is too often all doom and gloom this made very happy. And nice work Randy as well, keep it up, what you did is truly amazing. This just reminds me of the greatest appeal of being a sportsman, it’s the comradery and the and the friendship that makes fishing and the outdoors so great, I know for me fishing is my ‘therapy’ and my happy place sounds like it is the same for you mudshark. Also a wonderful reminder of how fantastic IDO is. They have cultivated such a vibrant community of people on here and connected so many people with similar interests and passions. I see squabbles on here enough and lots of friendly banter especially on sports but the greatest value on here is making friends and sharing a passion which is so often reflected in the great sportsmen on this site who are always happy to help, share and say thank you. Again great ‘feel-good’ story and hope you keep on persevering and getting better..

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

WTG Randy it is guys like you that do the good things you do. That makes us all feel a little better.! waytogo Very cool …. rrr

Ryan

The outdoors always heals!! Great story. Thanks for sharing.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Keep fighting there mud and keep a positive attitude! Just went through some health issues myself. Nothing as serious as you but depresses a guy when it screws up things you want to do in life. Luckily my wife and friends helped keep me looking forward. Friends like Randy and the IDO crew are what life is all about. Hats off to you all. applause

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Way to go Randy! toast

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Good to hear you are getting well ! A year without fishing must have been tuff. WTG Randy!

-J.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Mudshark,

If you ever need someone to go ice fishing with let me know, I get down to the Lacrosse area on occasion to ice fish.

Keep working at it never give up.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.