Chequamegon Bay

• cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Wed June 6th I spent the day with husband and wife duos of Dick and Sue Majchek and Jody and Jolene Evan. They have known each other for many years and enjoy friendly competition. Again the water was murky in both sloughs which made fishing tough. The weather was semi threatening all day and we fished much of it in the rain. The gang managed 6 smallies and one northern. Biggest fish of the day was 19 1/4 inches. Sue Majchek was one of the better female anglers I have fished with in a long time. Here are some pics from our day on the water. A big thank you to Dick, Sue, Jody and Jolene.
    Chris Beeksma
    Get Bit Guide Service

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Jody with a nice fish

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Did I mention we got wet feet (even though Jody built a great bridge) on a bathroom break?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thanks Chris,
    nice report, and great pics. I hope to get back up for one more trip this month..
    Jack..

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Jack, let me know when you venture this way. If we cant fish maybe we can eat some food and talk fishing together.
    Chris

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Chris,
    Sounds good, will let you know..
    Jack..

Spinrb81
    Iowa

Hi Guys

Coming for as week of fishing in Park Falls starting this Saturday , I would love to make the trip up to the Bay but have never been there nor Park Falls , we are staying on the Pixley Flowage , my parents will have a 16 ft lund and I will be in a 19 ft bass boat , any helpful hints you can give a newbie willing to drive 75 miles to get to the bay and “CPR” some of those Pig smallies . I see alot about sloughs and sand cut , anyone willing to help a guy out ?

Thanks in advance !

Chad

jboecker
    Illinois

I’ve fished the bay a number of times and the best advice I could give you would be to hire Chris for a day before dragging your boat up there and flying blind. It’s big water and it can be treacherous with the seiches, sandbars, floating logs, etc. I’ve fished with Chris every year I’ve gone up there and there’s never been a year where something different isn’t going on that changes the way you need to fish. You could stumble around out there for days and not figure it out. Normally we try to fish with Chris for a day and then head out for a day on our own. He’s out there almost every day, he knows what’s going on, and he’s a great guy to spend a day in the boat with.

Good luck!

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Thank you for the kind words Bantam 50. There are surely a lot more variables on Lake Superior than on the inland lakes though at times esp during the spawn it can seem easy. I apologize to the gentleman who was looking for info near the middle of the month. Just not enough time to get on here as often as I like but please feel free to email or call if anyone has questions related to the bay. I will try to help.
    Chris Beeksma

jboecker
    Illinois

Well, Chris, if you can put up with Kenny breaking your stuff and Greg and I you must be alright!! Hope you have fun chasing muskies!!

John Boecker

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.