Chequamegon Bay

• cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Monday May 21st I fished with long time clients and the most enjoyable two you can fish with Tom and Mark Mowbray. Tom really stole the show with his expert jerkbait technique he was keeping me busy with the net. We had 30 smallies in a 5 hour shortened day but the average size was incredible. We had 5 fish out of 30 under 19 inches and the day was topped off with a 21 1/4″ and two 21 1/2 ” !!!! Just beatiful wide body female smallies. Tom and Mark just like to keep on casting so unfortunately no pics to post. The fish were on the edge of a 5 ft flat in Sandcut and were feeding heavily on jerkbaits and crankbaits. Rapala DT 6’s and Bomber Tim Horton Pro Long A’s were the smallies choice today. The water temps had been in the upper 50’s to low 60’s so Tom asked me on the way out if my temp reading was broke on my Vexilar Edge 3. I looked and I thought the same for a second….46 degrees. I always talk about the extreme water temp and just day to day condition changes that can happen on Cheq that do not take place on inland lakes. 16 deg water temp change in less than 2 days. Anyway, despite the crazy water temp we had a great day and as always I thank Tom and Mark for a super day. They have me spoiled with Subway subs, M&M’s and Diet Cokes!!!
    Chris Beeksma
    Get Bit Guide Service

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.