Chequamegon Bay Ice.

• timmy

Hey Mr Hudson – I know you read this board – and I am hoping you can post an ice(or lack thereof) report for the bay. I am hoping to make it up in 10 days for a little pike fishing if feasible. How’s the conditions off Second landing area?

I need to fish the Ashland side due to all the police harrassment I get when in the bayfield area. The cops keep following me…..

Just kidding….

Tim

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Gotta keep a close tab on you southern folk!!

I would say your going to be really hard pressed for good ice conditions, even in 10 days. Prior to the last huge rain storm, people were fishing off Seconding Landing.. Out to about 12 FOW… Unsure if the ice is still walkable or not.. have not heard a decent report since the big rain at the end of the year… Perch fishing was decent for the fellas fishing out there… So I would assume pike would be close as well…

If I hear something good… I will shoot you an e-mail..

vman59
    Barron,wi

Jim ; any new reports?How is the ice off Bono creek?

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Fishable ice has finally come to Chequamegon Bay!!! People are fishing out in front of Ashland, Off Bono, and in front of Washburn… Ashland has the most ice and is the safest by far… But still, if you venture out anywhere, use caution as this ice is still fairly new… 3 to 5 inches is the norm…

Catching is quite good as well.. Mixed bags of trout/salmon, pike, walleyes, and perch are being brought to the ice…

lunzer
    Burnsville, MN

I was planning on heading up 1/26. How is the ice? Anyone driving sleds/ATV’s out yet? Should I bother bringing mine?

I see that this forum is posted on often, good thing I’m patient.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.