Chequamegon bay

• cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Sunday, Mon and Tues (5/28,29 and 30th) I had the pleasure of fishing with Ted Payseur and his friend Bill Kaehn. We hit the bay hard on Sun and Mon and then fished inland for Largemouths on Tues. We caught plenty of small lgemouths on Tues but nothing over 2 lbs. We did well again on Mister Twister Comidas and YUM Dingers. Need that VMC light wire wide gap 4/0 hook to let the stickworms fall slowly to the bottom and work their horizontal magic. Fish were spawning on shore lines and off shore areas. We did get to do some sight fishing on the Sand Cut side in the afternoons. Water temps ranged from 75 deg in the back of Sandcut to 62 deg out near Oak point. We had a great Mon afternoon bite in the shallows in Sandcut both Sun and Mon as the smallies were in full spawning mode in the shallow wood. We did throw some faster moving baits but with little success. Mister Twister RT slug really turned on over the weekend. What a great fluke type bait. Again here are some pics of fish caught by Bill Kaehn who I appreciate coming all the way from Oregon to fish with Ted and I.
    Chris Beeksma
    Get Bit Guide Service

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Unfortunately, we didnt get a pic of Bill’s biggest smallie of the day. Was just at 19 inches and 4 lbs. It was also his first smallie so a thrill for all in the boat. Here is another pic of Bill holding a great bay smallie
    Chris Beeksma
    Get Bit Guide Service

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.