Great Season So Far

• jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

Even if we have been “ice locked” a bit so far (not building any ice outside of the bay, until now, due to wind), the season has still been going very good for us here on the big water.

The Brown Trout and Salmon fishing has been superb, the best I have ever seen in my lifetime, for numbers of fish. And now, with ice moving north, we should see good numbers of Splake mixed in with these other species, and then Lake Trout as we get to fish out into deeper water.

We have been targeting shoreline areas that have points and or turns, where we fish the edge of the break where it meets the basin. Looking for a muddy to silty bottom off the break. And if the fish are not abutted right to the break, we then just move off it and look for the fish roaming over the basin.

Sebile Vibratos, BuckShots and Pimples have been our main lures of choice. And, one peculiar thing, we havent been catching much on tip-ups or set-lines, all jigging. Which is fine by us!

We will be back at it again after the harsh temps push through, on new ice, finding new bites!

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

Congrats to all them fisherman! We know you wouldent find them on your own! JK, nice work guys Houghton Point out of Washburn has been a good bite. I talked with the creel clerk and seen the numbers other than that day nothing has been a slam.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Rest in Peace Jim Hudson!!!

Mark

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

Yes its so sad!! they should save these last reports of Jim’s here–he was such a good man!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.