798ci HD SI???

• Brian Offerdahl

I am thinking of buying a 798ci HD SI for my boat. I found a great deal on this unit which puts it in my price range. I would of course prefer a larger screen, but my wife will never ok the price, so if I want side imaging, this unit is what I can get. Does anyone have experience with this unit – good or bad? I am planning to buy this before the weekend is over if I still feel confident in this unit.

Thanks.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

I’ve got one. I like the quick disconnect ability. I run the unit summer and winter, and simply pull of the boat and click into the Ice pack. Also makes it easy to disconnect from the console and place at the bow of the boat.

If I had it to do over, I would have opted for the 788 as the interchangable sonar and spent extra for a larger, dedicated SI unit for the console.

All in all, it’s good for locating structure, not so great for finding fish in SI mode.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I am thinking of buying a 798ci HD SI for my boat. I found a great deal on this unit which puts it in my price range. I would of course prefer a larger screen, but my wife will never ok the price, so if I want side imaging, this unit is what I can get. Does anyone have experience with this unit – good or bad? I am planning to buy this before the weekend is over if I still feel confident in this unit.

Thanks.

I just picked up a boat that had a 798ci si hd mounted on the console.. Don’t really need it, if you’re interested. Bought an 899 in May. All software up to date

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.