40 lb propane tanks

• Doug M
    SE SD

A coworker has 2 40lb propane tanks he his looking to get rid of. He says they are full of fuel. I wouldn’t mind replacing the 30 lbers on my fish house with these fortys because I could get a good deal, but I cannot find a rv cover that fits 40 lbers. Does anyone run bigger tanks and what do you cover them with if at all?

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’ve been looking for a hard cover for 10 years now with no luck. I just use 30# cover to help secure them. I thought about having one welded up but that’s just a one more greyed out ugly piece of diamond plate I’d have. I hate that stuff. The extra capacity of 40’s is sure nice though.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I would imagine a metals fabrication shop would do a custom one for a couple hundred bucks

mojogunter

I would guess that is quite a bit light. I certainly wouldn’t do it for $200 even if there were no materials included unless I had already made some in the past and I had a design and jigs already made.

I would imagine a metals fabrication shop would do a custom one for a couple hundred bucks

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I would guess that is quite a bit light. I certainly wouldn’t do it for $200 even if there were no materials included unless I had already made some in the past and I had a design and jigs already made.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I had a similar box built at the shop in Stacy for a trailer for 400 bucks. But I was bigger then he needs. Was just trying to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.