#4 Rippin Raps, where can I find them.

• elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

So after seeing James hammering the fish on the #4 Rippin Raps and seeing post about how HOT these lures are I decided to stop at Fleet Farm last night. The smallest they have in the Mason City IA store is #5, not even a spot on the rack for #4. So I thought I would check Cabelas on line, they do not show the #4.

Heading up Thursday for a long weekend on the ice and would really like to try these. Any idea where I can order these on line and get them to my door by Wednesday. I am confused.:???:

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

I found them at Joe’s Sporting goods. I can’t get the fish in Mille Lacs to go near them however.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

FishUSA has them.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

Sorry, I didn’t see you said online.

There are a bunch on Amazon

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

I found them at Joe’s Sporting goods. I can’t get the fish in Mille Lacs to go near them however.

Really? I’m heading up there tomorrow and that was going to be one of my go-to’s. First time on the pond this year. At least I have some spoons, lol.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Cabelas has them but they are not listed as a size 4 Rippin Rap. They are listed as a separate lure… #4 Ultralite Rippin Rap. Don’t ask me why… but they are. I found them hard to find at first too but then found them listed on their own on the website and in the 2015 fishing catalog. Not sure if other sites are the same way or not.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just picked some up at Gander the other day, was able to get the buy 1 get 50% another deal they had in the same row for mostly ice jigs, score!

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Thank you all for the information. I ordered them from Joe’s. Really appreciate all the help. Hopefully I can catch some fish on them!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

The UV pink and green UV as well as glow perch are already “backorderable” on Cabelas. Should have pulled the trigger on my wish list two days ago like I’d planned. doah

KP
    Hudson, WI

Great! doah I picked some up yesterday to try out on Mille Lacs this weekend…. Lets hope i have better luck! crazy

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Reeds has some, was in the Walker location last weekend and they had a pretty good supply

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Reeds has some, was in the Walker location last weekend and they had a pretty good supply

Good to hear that. I’m driving the wrestling team there today and plan to kill some time waiting and spend a few bucks at Reeds. grin

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

You can “over fish” the Rippin Rap pretty easily. It can be very loud and even in deeper water, the sound is audible right up through the line and rod, like many of you have probably experienced.

If fish are shying away, slow it down. Once fish show up on my Marcum, I drop my movement down to the tiniest of twitches, always trying to play a slow vertical keep-a-way from them. It’s also important that you don’t stop moving it completely. Something you were doing caught their attention enough to come by and take a look, just tone it down a notch.

Lures like these take a bit of confidence to be fished effectively. You have to trust that they work. Not every fish will bite, no different than any other lure/bait. The fun part about the Rippin Rap is that the fish typically destroy it, better hang on tight!

Good luck
    Andy

4walleye
    Central SD

I did not have a chance to fish the #4 Rippin Rap this winter as much as I wanted, and now the ice is gone from the river in central SD, and doubtful of any return. However, on one occasions I had a walleye smash the Rap while sitting still while I was putting out a tip up. Luckily my buddy saw my TUCR heading for the hole and caught the fish. The second time I was jigging a rattle spoon and the Rippin Rap was down in the hole next to me with the rod laying on the ice when I saw the rod tip bend. Like Andy said when the fish commit they smash it with a deep hook set.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.