3D Printers

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Looking for recommendations on 3D printers. I know very little about them but would like to consider getting one. I’d like to make more than just ornaments with it. I’d like to start putting some of my little inventions into use if possible. I’d like the parts to be at least somewhat durable and usable. They seem to be very inexpensive. Can these inexpensive units make durable parts?

Mike

The Creality Ender series are usually the recommended starter units, specifically the Ender 3 Pro. Did a bunch of research but didn’t end up pulling the trigger on one. The 3 Pro seemed like the best bang for the buck.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The Ender 3 Pro is the one in my cart at Amazon. Looks like the price on this one has decreased since christmas.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have a friend who is way into the whole 3D thing as well as EDM and plasma cutters. He said like a lot of other things that you get what you pay for in 3d printers. I’m not saying a entry unit will not work for what you intend it to, But I would not expect the same results as you see from Higher $ units.

Mike

If you’re ever around the west metro, Microcenter in St. Louis Park has a good selection of 3d printers if you wanted to check them out in person.

Umy
    South Metro

MICROCENTER!!! x1000
    My son got a Creality base model for Christmas. waayyyy cool!!
    Less than $200

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.