22,000 DOW

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

What’s your best guess on the peak before the slide?
    And how far will it go down when it goes?

A lot of people made a TON of money in the past 2 years that’s for sure. Oh,, and if you’re inside of 5 years from retirement. GET THE H*LL OUT! Or at the minimum, set your reserve at 21,300 and then get out.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Lord, please don’t let this post turn into politics. The OP didn’t intend it to. <sigh>

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I got out a little before the election and missed most of the initial climb. Back in now and hope that the trend continues for at least the rest of the year. I’m retired but not 100% dependent on the 401K for my monthly income. There will be some corrections but no reason to believe that it will go into full on slide.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks DaveB!

Hormel is down .02 and needs a little boost!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Economic indicators would tell me that we shouldn’t see a precipitous drop anytime soon. Spending remains fairly strong, even though wage growth isn’t great. Interest rates remain low and inflation is under control, fuel prices seem like they will stay low, too. These are good things for the economy to stay strong.

I won’t turn this political but trends with the current administration could drive economic shifts. Still a little too unpredictable with where economic policy on taxes and foreign trade are going to go so it behooves everyone to watch those closely.

Key thing is to be diversified and have the ability to liquidate quickly.

/not a financial analyst

Kyhl
    Savage

October? Not sure which one though.

Bonds are too high/interest rates are too low. The Fed needs to make a move. When they do, I’m a bit scared the bond market will pop creating mass exodus in both stocks and bonds.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

delete – double post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.