2075 Tyee Magnum Owners w/ kicker – HELP Please

• TMen
    NE Ohio

I’m the owner of a 2018 2075 Tyee Magnum. When ordering the boat back in 2017 I chose not to order with a kicker motor. Circumstances have changed…? and I would now like to add a kicker motor using the same factory installed bracket set up if possible.

I realize it will be a challenge since the kicker area is completely enclosed and foam filled. Cutting out and adding an access hatch into the transom deck (similar to the existing center screw-lid access) appears to be my only option for finding internal supports, removing some foam and securing the new bracket.
    My quest for owner help is this….? Measurements from portside hull corner of transom to both brackets. If any owners (or possibly Lund engineer/assembler that may follow this site) cares to help, it would be appreciated. Thank You.

MX1825

Have you contacted Lund or a Lund dealer for their input? That is where I would start.

TMen
    NE Ohio

Any previous contact I’ve had with Lund was “must go through your dealer”!

And sadly, in this particular situation…. this phrase comes to MY mind, “if you(I) want it done right, do it yourself”
    Thanks for the reply MX1825.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Do you have a picture of the area? I would think that through-bolting a panther mount or some other jack plate would work, but I’m not familiar with the layout on your rig. Of course sealing with 5200 is a must when drilling in a transom.

TMen
    NE Ohio

Thanks for the reply … pictures won’t matter.
    It would be easy to bolt on any kicker bracket IF there was access of the interior to ADD the needed washers/nuts for securing of the bolts.

I’m hoping for another 2075 Tyee Magnum owner with a factory kicker bracket that can provide measurements of exact placement.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.