2024 NE Turkey

• Hoyt4
    NULL

This year the trip almost didn’t happen. My old man took a fall the night before leaving down a flight of stairs and at 73 that usually does not work out too well. Nothing broken or head damage so we left last Saturday for NE archery only the first couple weeks. Lucky enough he was able to take a bird the first evening we arrived. He did have trouble getting his bow back from the pain in his shoulders but managed to and filled his tag in the first hour of the hunt. No pictures since he butchered up right away at camp. Just one he took of where the bird expired. So goal #1 was done by the first day which was great. He just has a blast being there and hunting. Got our friend Scott a couple birds and then was my turn.

I was able to fill my two tags also . Trying to keep this short , can’t believe how fast this season arrived and gone for NE already. Some great people we see every year just wish we could get there more than twice a year. Out land owners will be 90 and 93 this October and they have become close friends trip is more of the people now then hunting. 24 years of this archery hunt

Next up MN and getting my old man out on a new chunk of land.

Attachments:
    1. image000000.jpg

2. image000001.jpg

3. image000008.jpg

4. image000006.jpg

5. image000007.jpg

6. image000002.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice job Hoyt. Looking forward to the season opening here in a couple weeks.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

steelslinger71

More notches on the Heartbreaker? Congrats on the nice birds.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Love it, very familiar scenery. Close to Niobrara?

Our trip is scheduled for April 18-22. One of the best trips of the year, gonna focus on just enjoying our time in the woods and less burn-out.

MN season is in limbo as previous private access sold to the state (Scandia area). May just have to bum it on public. Good luck this season!

Hoyt4
    NULL

Valentine area it’s the trip we look forward to every year also. Good luck Gander

Can you still hunt that land if state bought? MN is coming up quickly . Going to setup a blind for my old man this weekend. Good amount of birds showing up right now and good gobbling this last Saturday morning.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Looks like a sweet trip Hoyt! There was some good gobbling yesterday evening by my house plus quite a few birds around on relatives land. Going to pick a week later in the season to chase em. Good size flocks right now is what I have seeing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.