2023 Wolves

• Ripjiggen

either a bunch of closet Wolves fans or trying to jump on the bandwagon of hope in the fly over state before it gets too late.

probably bandwagon since the other franchises can’t get it done?

if you haven’t watched…………THEY ARE GOOD…………like they might be deep run in the playoffs GOOD?

Let’s make that playoff run before we claim anything.
    Other franchises can’t get it done?
    Wolves haven’t done anything yet.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

they blew it tonight but I have not seen them play this good in my lifetime. they can only beat themselves and they have shown they can do it so it is never a sure thing…..trust me I know.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

KAT isn’t as whiny as he used to be. His antics used to drive me crazy. Embarrassing. Best pro team in town. Naz is fun to watch, and Ant is a helluva athlete.

CaptainMusky

Fantastic. Just when the Wolves are poised to have their best season in years and hopefully a playoff push KAT has a torn meniscus and will be out indefinitely. We truly cannot have nice things.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Wow…up to a 6 page thread…

meanwhile the most overrated franchise in the history of sports is on page 118..

It’s pretty simple, the Vikings regularly give us hope before gut punching everyone in the most agonizing fashion. Meanwhile this is the 2nd year of legitimate hope in the T-pups entire 35 year history, and even that maybe coming to an end if KAT is out. Although that could end up being addition by subtraction as he doesn’t bring much to the table besides scoring, which is the easiest to replace in todays NBA.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Kittykat being out is not that big of a loss. They starting a 6 game road streak so if they go 3-3, that will be a win. If it was Ant, Rudy or Mike, I would have some concern but all I have to say is……………….NAZ REID

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Kittykat being out is not that big of a loss. They starting a 6 game road streak so if they go 3-3, that will be a win. If it was Ant, Rudy or Mike, I would have some concern but all I have to say is……………….NAZ REID

I would consider it a pretty significant loss when Kyle Anderson is the replacement to Towns. Reid is still coming off the bench, for now.

Towns is also the second highest scorer on the team; on a team that is in the bottom 1/3 of total points/game. People like to hate on Towns, but he’s still one of the best scoring big men in the league.

Knot Again

Losing your second scoring option that also happens to be a 42% 3-point shooter is definitely a big loss. Something that gets overlooked with this injury is that KAT has quietly been much improved on the defensive end and sits at 3rd in defensive rating behind Gobert and Wembanyama. Even though Gobert anchoring the defense greatly helps KAT’s rating, he has held his own much better this year. Luckily NAZ REID is a very capable big, and should/will play starter minutes off the bench.

CaptainMusky

KAT is much improved defensively and that for sure will be missed. He was always able to score, but was soft on D.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>
    Wow…up to a 6 page thread…

meanwhile the most overrated franchise in the history of sports is on page 118..

It’s pretty simple, the Vikings regularly give us hope before gut punching everyone in the most agonizing fashion. Meanwhile this is the 2nd year of legitimate hope in the T-pups entire 35 year history, and even that maybe coming to an end if KAT is out. Although that could end up being addition by subtraction as he doesn’t bring much to the table besides scoring, which is the easiest to replace in todays NBA.

I was referring to the Wild.

CaptainMusky

Its just a bunch of passionate hockey dudes on this site. Has nothing to do with them being overhyped.

stout93
    Becker MN

Its just a bunch of passionate hockey dudes on this site. Has nothing to do with them being overhyped.

It’s not just the guys on this site.

Perception for the average fan is the Wild is this model franchise, a perennial cup contender with a huge amount of playoff success.

That’s so far from reality it’s a joke.

CaptainMusky

Perception for the average fan is the Wild is this model franchise, a perennial cup contender with a huge amount of playoff success.

For crying out loud the only time I have ever seen anything like that was when Mileski made the comment about them being the skatriots but that was years ago. I dont know too many thinking this team has a shot at a cup until at the very earliest after the buyouts or the big hurt of them is done. They have pieces, but are a long ways away and are handcuffed.

stout93
    Becker MN

Like I said..most overrated franchise in the history of sports…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Like just because hockey is more popular here or what is that based on? I hear this a lot from TWolves fans and really don’t get it. Wolves are the worst franchise in MN, and it’s not really close. Wolves have made the playoffs 11 times and one conference championship appearance in 35 years, Wild have made it 12 times and one conference championship appearance in 23 years. They (and the Twins) struggle to go anywhere in the playoffs, and the Vikes aren’t much better on a once a decade Championship game appearance.

CaptainMusky

Yeah ripping the wild is very perplexing. They’ve been competitive their entire existence. The wolves have not. Wolves have steam now and I’m hopeful they can really do something this year because it’s been dreadful.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

I would consider it a pretty significant loss when Kyle Anderson is the replacement to Towns. Reid is still coming off the bench, for now.

Towns is also the second highest scorer on the team; on a team that is in the bottom 1/3 of total points/game. People like to hate on Towns, but he’s still one of the best scoring big men in the league.

Meh

Kyle should start and will get 20 minutes a night. Naz will get more minutes off the bench. The only thing that the Towns loss will impact is 3 point shooting if anything. They still play 5 on 5.

NEXT MEN UP

JoeMX1825
    MN

Holy crap that block by Ant at the end was ridiculous!!!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

ANT was on one tonight!

he is one of those guys that you yell at for taking a stupid shot but he makes those more often then not. guy is a dramatic but amazing talent. imma throw a shout out for the play by Kyle and Mike tonight. don’t show up in the box score but the things they do to affect the game is way overlooked.

Nice win tonight and the dreaded back to back tomorrow

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Karl who?

So you’re saying they didn’t miss Towns? Edwards isn’t going to score 40+ every night.

Do you seriously think a team can lose a player like Towns and it’s just next man up mentality? Your comment that the only loss the Wolves have in losing Towns is 3 Point shooting is borderline insane. Based on your opinion, the Wolves may as well drop him off at the intersection of Lake and Portland and leave him for dead at this point.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

You’re right Tillr. Only thing is he’s whining and taking too many dumb shots and fouls. We need the KAT that was here a few weeks ago, not the one he’s turning back into. May be a little time off will allow him to get his head back on straight again.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>

Like just because hockey is more popular here or what is that based on? I hear this a lot from TWolves fans and really don’t get it. Wolves are the worst franchise in MN, and it’s not really close. Wolves have made the playoffs 11 times and one conference championship appearance in 35 years, Wild have made it 12 times and one conference championship appearance in 23 years. They (and the Twins) struggle to go anywhere in the playoffs, and the Vikes aren’t much better on a once a decade Championship game appearance.

LOL…I think you just proved my point.

I would say the Wolves are one of the worst franchises in all pro sports over their history. There are around 120 teams, I would rank them bottom ten, so let’s be generous and rank them 110.

If you theoretically run the Wild out another 12 years, they’d have another 6 playoff appearances based on your numbers. So in 35 years, that would put them at:

Wild – 18 playoff appearances
    Wolves – 11 playoff appearances

So the Wild would have 7 (that number might be 6 if we consider 2024) more first round exits than the Wolves and we’re implying they are a FAR SUPERIOR franchise over the 110 ranked Wolves???? It’s so far from reality its not even funny. And for the ‘state of hockey’ to have a team this average over their history is just embarrassing. I mean, for Geez Sake how many southern teams have won Cups…

AK Guy

I would rate the Timberwolves franchise below the Wild based solely on the Joe Smith debacle.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m not a hockey fan, but I will take one exception to one of your statements. You imply that the southern teams shouldn’t be as good as the northern teams because of the players. Players aren’t a local farm crop, they’re bought not grown.

slough

Holy crap that block by Ant at the end was ridiculous!!!

You got that right – literally hit his head on the rim, looked like he jumped off a trampoline.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I would say the Wolves are one of the worst franchises in all pro sports over their history. There are around 120 teams, I would rank them bottom ten, so let’s be generous and rank them 110.

Agreed, although I might go a little lower, but 110 is fine.

If you theoretically run the Wild out another 12 years, they’d have another 6 playoff appearances based on your numbers. So in 35 years, that would put them at:

Wild – 18 playoff appearances
    Wolves – 11 playoff appearances

So the Wild would have 7 (that number might be 6 if we consider 2024) more first round exits than the Wolves and we’re implying they are a FAR SUPERIOR franchise over the 110 ranked Wolves?

Yes, and that is just mathematically. The Wild would have 54% more playoff appearances in the same amount of years, that is definitively FAR SUPERIOR. If any one or more of those next 6 playoff births result in a Conference Championship appearance they would have multiple more than the Wolves. And if any of them end in a Stanley Cup, the state of hockey would include everyone in this state and we’d talk about it for decades like the Twins in ’87 and ’91. That would apply to the Wolves too, but they will never win it all.

tswoboda

Stop giving this dude bandwidth, he’s a freakin troll

Let’s go T-pups

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 614 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.